V

Words in bold are defined in the notes section at the end (in case, you are confused of what it is/ means)

A lot of things happened from the day Wei WuXian found out he was going to have to live without his adoptive parents and live without being able to see the world.

Wei WuXian was finally discharged form hospital. He held his white cane with one hand and one holding Yanli's hand to the taxi. Jiang Cheng was holding all their belongings and Wei WuXian hated not being able to help. He doesn't like being a burden to them.

The siblings finally stepped into the house. Silence. Silence greeted them.

Yanli broke tthe silence. "The funeral is tomorrow. I'll go make dinner now. A-Xian, do you want to go take a bath first?"

"Mn. I'll go myself."

Jiang Cheng tried asking out of concern. "Are you sure y-"

Before he could finish, Yanli grabbed Jiang Cheng's arm. "A-Xian, call us if you need help okay?"

"Yes shi-jie."

Wei WuXian began walking off to his room. He could remember the way from  memory. He went up the stairs one by one. Unbeknownst to him, Lan WangJi was slowly walking behind him.

Once he got to the top of the stairs, he yelled back to his siblings. He knew they were super worried about him.

"Look shi-jie, A-Cheng! I'm up the stairs. No need to worry about me!"

"Our A-Xian is brave" Yanli smiled.

Once Wei WuXian went into his room, he locked the door and stood there. He remembers his paintings. Drawings. How will he draw and paint without being able to see. He has heard of artists who are visually impaired being able to create art pieces but can he? He can't even see. All his previous creations were of things he likes. It was like a visual diary.

Lan WangJi watched him. He was quiet. Lan WangJi wanted to know what he was thinking about but he doesn't know how to mind read.

He put the stick against the door. He wants to be able to walk without it. He breathed in. Then out. 'It's just walking with my eyes closed. How hard can it be.'  He took a step forward. Then another. He walked towards his wardrobe. He open it and to his amusement, he was able to pick up a shirt, pants and an underwear, all suprisingly easy to find on his first go. He cracked a little smile. What Wei WuXian didn't know was that once his wardrobe was opened, Lan WangJi had looked for the clothes, being careful not to mess up the already kinda messy wardrobe. He quickly took a pair of pants, shirt and underwear quickly putting each garment one by one near Wei WuXian's hands so that he could pick it up and feel the piece of clothing, thinking he chose the right one.

Walking to the bathroom in his room, he had his clothes in one hand and he walked slowly. Wei WuXian's room was messy. Things were left scattered around his room and he knows it. Thing is he didn't once stumble or trip over anything to the bathroom. Why? Lan WangJi has picked up everything before it could injure him.

In the bathroom, Wei WuXian placed his clothes down. Took his clothes off and went into the shower. He turned on the shower and reached his hands out towards the shelf in the shower. Thanks to his quick thinking, Lan WangJi put the shampoo bottle on the end for him to reach first. Then seeing how Wei WuXian reached for the scrub, Lan WangJi quickly took the body wash and placed it near his reach.

Wei WuXian then stepped out of the shower. Dried himself then dressed himself. Whilst he was dressing himself, Lan WangJi quickly wiped up the water on the ground.

"Wei WuXian. Are you done? Is everything good?" Jiang Cheng yelled form outside, panicking a little.

"I'm coming Jiang Cheng!" he yelled from the bathroom. He then walked to the door and unlocked it.

"Why'd you lock the door? What if something happens and we-"

"Jiang Cheng. I walked around my room, got the clothes I needed and showered without tripping and I didn't even use my cane!"

Jiang CHeng was also super happy to see his brother smile genuinely ever since the news. But he didn't know how to react. He just smiled.

"Jiang Cheng?"

"I'm happy for you too" he patted his shoulder awkwardly. "Let's go down. A-jie finished cooking"

"I think I can make it down the stairs myself too! Come on! You said its time to eat!"

"Okay. I'll be walking right behind you."

Lan WangJi was flying right in front Wei WuXian in case he was to fall.

"Shi-jie! Look! I'm walking down the stairs myself!"

"A-Xian!"

❤❤❤❤❤

NOTE:

A white cane is a device used by those who are blind or visually impaired. A white cane primarily allows its user to scan their surroundings for obstacles or orientation marks, but is also helpful for onlookers in identifying the user as blind or visually impaired and taking appropriate care. (Source: Wikipedia)

 (Source: Wikipedia)