XI

In a week, wherever Wei WuXian was at, Lan WangJi was also there. Yanli noticed that Lan WangJi was very attentive of Wei WuXian, more than a body guard needed to be.  Her instincts told her that Lan WangJi saw her brother as something more but said nothing.

Wei WuXian also enjoyed the presence of Lan WangJi. He was able to go to the shops more often just to walk and while holding Lan WangJi's hand ever since Lan WangJi had offered. 

Though Lan WangJi doesn't give long replies, Wei WuXian didn't know why but he could talk to Lan WangJi without any worries even though he didn't clearly know how he looked like. Lan WangJi only gave him a very brief description of himself. He wished he wasn't blind so he could just see how he looked like. 

That same night, Wei Wuxian asked whether he could touch his face, which Lan Wangji did not understand why but let him anyway.

...

Flashback:

"Lan Zhan, ummm... can I touch your face?" 

"...?"

"My hands are clean!" Wei Wuxian put his hands out, showing him. "I just want to picture what you may look like. You don't have to agree if you don't want to. I mean, you already told me. It's just curiousity so it'll go away s-"

"Mn." Lan Wangji reached out for Wei Wuxian's hands and lead it to his cheek.

"Hehe. Thank you Lan Zhan!"

Lan Wangji watched as Wei Wuxian turned his whole body and sat cross-legged on the edge of the bed to face him. (Lan WangJi was sitting on the chair beside the bed). Lan Wangji leaned in closer to Wei Wuxian's hands which started to carefully trace over his face. 

'Soft short hair, wide forehead, thick eyebrows, almond shaped eyes, long eyelashes, high and long nose bridge, soft and squishy cheeks, sharp  v jaw line, and ...'

Feeling bold, he moved his hands up. 'And soft plump lips.'

Flashback end

...

Jiang Cheng has also stopped going to braille lessons with Wei WuXian to fully focus on the case after Nie Mingjue gave his approval as Police Chief. Lan WangJi has been taking his spot instead. After the lesson, whenever Yanli went, the three would be going out for lunch. At the braille lessons, Wei WuXian would always meet Xue Yang. 

To Lan WangJi, he had hoped Xue Yang did not have any trickery up his sleeves like back then. But he could just not help it and kept seeing the mischievous Xue Yang. Some of smiles did not seem genuine enough. He also didn't like Wei WuXian being friends with him. Lan WangJi had to wait quietly before Wei WuXian's attention would be back on him to go home together. He always thought of something to take Wei WuXian away. 

...

Today, Wei WuXian decided to go to the park. Whenever he goes to the park, it's never alone. Because there are always dogs there, even if they are on leashes. 

Wei WuXian was quiet and Lan WangJi kept looking at him while walking by his side, holding his hand. Wei WuXian was quiet because he was listening to the sound of bicycle bells ringing, the wheels spinning and feeling the wind whenever a bike would pass by. Ever since he became blind, he couldn't ride a bike; afraid he would run into someone. Unconsciously, whenever a bike passes by, he would squeeze Lan WangJi's hand and he thought he was scared of bikes.