XIV

"Boss. I'm here to pass on a message. We've been informed that he wasn't able to stop the higher-ups in the police force from allowing that scumbag Nie MingJue from opening the case again."

"UGH! USELESS! Useless I tell you! No wonder I don't recognise him as one of mine! Tell him to keep an eye on them. Inform me of everything they do."

"Yes boss."

"Wait. Do not kill Wei WuXian just yet. Continue following him and we'll play. We need to get the police off our backs first."

"Yes Sir. I'll pass the message on. And sir, this guy is always seen with Wei WuXian."

'This guy. The guy in white!'

Nie Mingjue walked into his department in the police station. Jiang Cheng immediately sprung his head up. His face expression screaming "did they approve of opening the case?!"

Nie MingJue didn't bother answering him directly. He clapped, gathering everyone's attention. "Meeting room in 15. We have an important case with that gang."

"Yes sir!" 

Jiang Cheng internally rejoiced. "Jiang-xiong~ Seems like you got what you wanted"

"Yes, now leave me."

Meeting:

Attendees: Nie Mingjue, Jiang Cheng, Nie Huaisang, Jin ZiXuan and Xiao Xingchen. 

Jiang Cheng projected the electronic version of the crash case file on to the projector and explained what he had said to Nie MingJue in the office and all his thoughts. 

"Okay. To make things easier, I will put Jiang Cheng and Huaisang to investigate on the break and enter and Zixuan and Xingchen on this crash case. Your first point will be investigating on the gang."

With briefing done, Nie Mingjue told them to huddle closer. "When messaging each other through email or anything or talking in the open, we'll try refer to the gang as G5. Crash case as G501 and break and enter case as G502. Especially when there are other people around."

"Why do we need to refer them as that?" Zixuan asked.

"I suspect that there is a mole in the police force. Everytime we were close on the gang, they get off. There must be someone helping them."

"Do you have suspicions da-ge?"

"I'm not saying anything till I'm sure."

Seeing as Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi felt really comfortable around each other, Yanli felt much more reassured to leaving them on their own and went to work more often. 

Today Lan Zhan and Wei WuXian went to the pet shop and bought another rabbit. 

"Lan Zhan. This is my present to you. But it is also because I want to get my bunny at home a companion so he doesn't get lonely. Do you like it?"

"Thank you Weiying. I like it. Very much." 'Whatever lifetime we're in, you  seem to always remember getting me rabbits' he smiled. 

They went home and made a bigger space for their rabbits. 

"Did you name your rabbit Wei Ying?"

"I actually didn't... I always called in rabbit." he sheepishly said, embarrassed he forgot something as simple as that. 

"I'll name my rabbit that you got me Xiao-Wei."

"Then I'll name mine Xiao-Lan!" 

They spent the rest of the evening playing with Xiao-Wei and Xiao-Lan. 

"Weiying. Do you want to go to the art exhibition together?"

"Umm...." I can't even..

I'll be your eyes for you. 

"Okay. Let's also go ride  the bike again afterwards before we go home."

NOTE:
I'm sorry for a boring chapter. I felt the need to fill in bits and pieces. 

G5 for the gang because of the letters on the phone number thingy. If you know what I mean...