X

"A-Cheng! Are you okay? Where's A-Xian?" Yanli hurried home as soon as her shift ended and saw her brother sleeping on the couch. while other police were carrying out their duties. 

"Jie. He's sleeping in his room. He's alright. A guy called Lan Zhan helped him. Jie. You should convince him that he should get a bodyguard before I bring home a dog."

"Go sleep in your room. You must be exhaustedd. I'll stay here till the police leave."

The next morning, Yanli barely just succeeded in having Wei WuXian consider having a bodyguard. They put out an advertisement/ application for a bodyguard. 

A week later, there was a long line of body guards waiting for a job. There were three tests to succeed; Jiang Cheng's strength test, Yanli's intuition on the person and Wei WuXian's approval. A few have passed both Jiang CHeng's and Yanli's test but Wei WuXian didn't accept them. He found faults such as "I don't like your voice", "You sound too monotone", "You don't smell too nice', "You sound too uptight" and "You act too much like a bodyguard". He just found any faults that would not make sense. 

Jiang Cheng was annoyed and just wanted to find a bodyguard for him and his brother was treating this like a joke. "Wei WuXian. W-" 

Yanli stops Jiang Cheng from talking anymore. 

"Next applicant please."

Lan WangJi walks in in his human form and bows to them. 

Before Lan WangJi could introduce himself, Jiang Cheng examines his physique. "Are you sure you're in the right interview?" 

"Yes. Weiying's bodyguard."

Wei WuXian's ears immediately perked up, recognising that voice. "Lan Zhan?!"

Lan WangJi smiled. Yanli and Jiang Cheng looked over at Wei WuXian. Yanli looked at the resume. It indeed had Lan Zhan written next to Lan WangJi. 

"A-Xian, you know him?"

"Yes shi-jie. Remember the rainy day at the bus stop. He helped me there and the other night when people broke in. I approve of this bodyguard". 

"Not yet. He has to pass mine and jie's test".

Yanli had no reason to disapprove of this man. But she had to ask something so Jiang Cheng would approve. Any question. She already liked this man after hearing so much about Lan Zhan this and Lan Zhan that from Wei Wuxian after he met him previously. "Can you cook?"

"Yes."

"I approve."

"Okay. Fitness test now."

Lan WangJi easily beat Jiang Cheng in all the fitness test. Whether it was the amounts of sit-ups done in a minute, push-ups or even sparring. He beat Jiang Cheng in all. 

"Hm. Impressive. I have no reasons to object then."

Wei WuXian immediately clapped and stood up immediately. "YES! Do you start today Lan Zhan? We can go to the park!"

"Not yet. We need to show him around the house, the rules and things he has to do, give him your schedule, everything he needs to know. And this is a button for you to call him if he's not near you." Jiang Cheng hung it around Wei WuXian's neck with his phone and gave the other to Lan WangJi. 

I present to you, bodyguard Lan Zhan!

... 

Did this Chapter in a hurry while I couldn't think of anything to write in my policy submission assignment. 

Either write fanfics or legal assignemnt? WangXian fanfics it is! 

~ Author Xiao Tuzi