VIII

"Sir. While following Wei  WuXian and monitoring his daily activities and whereabouts, I found a peculiar discovery. The other day when it was raining, a man in white appeared and then they they sat tlaking to each other for a long time then before Wei WuXian's siblings appeared or could even notice, the man in white disappeared into thin air!" Xue Yang explained.

"Do you need to get your eye sight or brain checked? How can somene magically appear then disappear into thin air" the boss laughed at the absurd idea.

"There is no mistaking sir. There's even a picture of him." He showed the photo he took on his phone.

"He's probably just some random stranger helping the blind one. He's not important. Your job is to kill the three siblings and get me the document. That's it. Don't bother me with any other unimportant things."

"Yes Sir."

Night has fell. The whole house was silent.

*BOOM*!

"Ahh!" Wei WuXian shot up from his sleep. He realised it was raining again. It was just the sound of thunder. Calming down again, he laid back down.

It wasn't until he heard the sound of drawers being opened and closed. Wei WuXian got off the bed. 'Weiying. Don't go outside. Stay.' Lan WangJi wanted to knock him out cold till Jiang Cheng arrives home.  He has actually sensed another presence in the house. He knew that Yanli had to work overnight at the hospital and Jiang Cheng was not home yet. He had messaged Jiang Cheng using his own phone infroming him that someone broke into the house.

Wei WuXian walked out of his room. "Jiang Cheng? Are you back?" He heard noise coming from his adoptive parents' bedroom. He walked closer and reached for the door knob. "Jiang Cheng?"

It was locked but he heard noises from there. Things were getting thrown onto the floor. Wei WuXian's gut feeling told him something was wrong. He held up his white cane, ready to strike. "Jiang Cheng. Open the door."

The door opened and the masked man inside opened the door slowly. As soon as the door opened a little, Wei WuXian pushed the door harshly, making the man stumble. Wei WuXian got his white cane and striked him.

The man was able to grab a hold of the cane and threw it away from Wei WuXian's hold. Wei WuXian reached for anything he could and threw it. Lan WangJi flew back with ropes in his hand and tied up the man. He reached forward ot look for his cane when he felt the ropes tied on the man. Wei WuXian suddenly backed off. He didn't tie up the man. Now the man who got tied up was shaking in his pants.

Wei WuXIan heard more beeping noises coming from downstairs. He walked down the stairs slowly, afriad there was another intruder.

He stood still, trying to listen where the noise was coming from.

*beep beep beep*

He walked closer. Lan WangJi was prepared to attack whoever was there.

The man walked out from the study room and fired everywhere. Bullets were flying towards the direction of Wei WuXian. He immediately crouched down, covering his head with his arms. Tears started falling. He didn't want to die. The chandelier glass shattered. Glass cupboards shattered. In other words. The house became a war zone.

Lan WangJi immediately spread his wings to shield the shaking figure of Wei WuXian in his embrace. His wings started to bleed but it'll heal.

Right on cue, as Jiang Cheng tan to the front door, the man ran out of the house leaving the man tied up upstairs. Seeing that Wei WuXian was alright sitting there, he yelled at Wei WuXian. "Stay there and don't move AT ALL. I'll come back!" Jiang Cheng immediately chased the guy that ran out.

The chandelier fell on top of Lan WangJi. Wei WuXian froze. He stayed unmoving since Jiang Cheng yelled at him not to move. He reached out and felt something feathery. He grabbed it harshly then felt something sticky.
"W-Who are you?! Why did you break in our house?!" Wei WuXian stood up, not caring about the the glass piercing his foot.

"Don't move. There's glass everywhere." 

Wei WuXian let out a surprised squeak as Lan WangJi bridal carried him to the couch.  He started pulling on his wings afraid of where this feathery person would take him. 

"Stop plucking my wings."

"W-wings?"

Lan WangJi avoided his question. "I'll take care of your bleeding foot. I will not harm you. I'm here to protect you."

Feeling that this perosn was not going to harm him, he calmed down and stayed still in Lan WangJi's embrace. After calming down, Wei WuXian thought that the voice sounded familiar. 

"Stay put. I'll go get the first aid kit."

Wei WuXian was pulled from his thoughts. "Ah. O-okay." 

Lan WangJi came back and started pulling glass shards out of his foot and put on rubbing alcohol to disinfect his wounds, making Wei WuXian winced in pain. 

"Sorry."

Then it came to his mind. "Are you... Lan Zhan?"

Lan WangJi looked up at him in shock, but was happy since he could remember his voice. 

"Mn."

"Were you the one who tied up the person in the room?"

"Yes."

"Oh phew! I was wondering who it was. Ha.Haha" Wei WuXian let out awkward laughs. "How did you get in here?"

"I saw the front door of the house wide open so I felt that something wasn't right."

"Ah... yeah. No one would leave a door wide open at this time. But... how did you know? Were you out jogging in the middle of the night? HAHAHA"

"Yes. Couldn't sleep. I need to go now."

"O-okay. Where will I be able to meet you again?"

"The bus stop. I'm always there."

Lan WangJi immediately ran putside and flew up to the balcony on Wei WuXian's room to heal himself. 

In Wei WuXian's hand, he still held onto a feather of Lan WangJi's wings. 

❤❤❤❤❤

NOTE:

I understand that the house intrusion bit makes no logical sense but oh wells.

The chandelier falling and WWX grabbing on the angel's wings are ideas I got from the K-Drama 'Angel's Last Mission: Love'. I love the ballet dancing parts here.