Chapter 25 ~ I Don't Care Anymore!

WARNING! DESCRIPTIONS OF BLOOD AND SELF-HARM.

Lisa's POV

I hear some voices, so I creep down the stairs.
Sitting on the couch in the living room is Liam, Niall, Zayn, Harry, Courtney and... Louis?
My heart skips a beat just by looking at him. He's out of hospital, so that means he's okay. That still doesn't excuse the amount of pain I put him through.

"Okay" I hear Liam start. "Explain."
"I'd rather not..."
"Louis!"
"No! I refuse to tell you anything!"
"But we need to know what made you almost kill yourself! We're your bestfriends!"
"I didn't almost kill myself!" Louis protests. "I was attacked..."
"That's a load of bull!" Harry yells. "We all know you cut yourself! We all know that you love-"
Louis pounces on Harry, and I take that as my cue to leave.

I retreat back to the safety of my room and sit down on my bed.
Louis loves someone? I highly doubt it is me. I remember Liam telling us that he broke down, but he never said about what. Everyone had just nodded then, as if they were all sharing a secret. A secret that I'm not part of.

I hear a door in the hallway slam and I flinch. Are they trying to break the door?!
I walk out of my room and down the hallway to find the culprit, when I walk past Louis' shut door. I stop in my tracks and shuffle closer to it. I press my ear against the door and I hear a faint sobbing noise. Holy shit! Is Louis crying? The guys must have pressed him really hard to make him like this. Liam did say he was in an unstable state, but nobody will tell me anything!

Do I risk going in and making it awkward? Or do I do nothing and leave him to himself?
Louis decides for me, as he opens the door and nearly slams into me. His eyes are red and puffy from crying, and there's still wet tears on his face. He must have been going to go to the bathroom. He impatiently wipes the tears off his cheeks, but new tears start forming when he sees me.
I'm going in.

"You're okay!" I wrap him in a hug. "I was so worried!"
"You... were worried about me?" he sniffs.
"Of course!" I break away and lower my head. "I lo-" I'm interrupted by Niall bounding up the stairs.

Louis sees him and retreats back into his room. I turn to look at Niall.

"Hey Li" he says awkwardly. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"
"Ah... sure" I say reluctantly as I tear my gaze away from the door to Louis' room.

We go into Niall's bedroom, and I impatiently sit down on his bed. He sits down next to me.

"What is it Ni?"
"I... I l-love you..." he says quietly.

I sit there, mouth agape and staring at him. No, no, no, no, NO! He can't love me!

"Uh... Lisa?" he waves a hand in front of my face.
"But I broke things off-"
"I know, but I still love you."
I bolt upwards. "No! You can't love me! I'm in love with Louis!"
Niall's face goes from pleading to anger. "I knew he had something to do with this! But you know what? I don't care anymore! Go, crawl back to him! See if he'll take you back after you cheated on him!"

Okay, he's starting to scare me now. There's a look of pure rage in his eyes.
I scramble out of his room and into mine.
Niall just confessed his love for me, and I didn't return it.

Louis' POV

Right now, I'm curled up in a ball under my bed. You can't blame me. I just saw the girl I love, and the one who made me like this, for the first time since the... incident.
I can hear some shouting going on somewhere down the hall, but right now, I'm paralysed.
I was under the bed for about an hour, before someone comes into my room.