Day 10

Ash's Diary:

We went to Aether Paradise today, we were going to take research notes on a certain pokemon and Aether Paradise is the only place where we can guarantee to find all of the pokemon and a realistic environment. When we arrived we were greeted by Lusamine, the president of the Paradise. Lillie seemed really nervous around her for some reason, but she looks very similar to Lusamine, in fact, a part of me thinks that they may be Mother and Daughter, but Lusamine isn't in a relationship with anyone. We were given assigned our pokemon by a woman named Wickie and Kukui told us our challenge was to take as many observations within an hour. I was assigned to study pikapek. It's nothing special but I understand why Kukui wants us to do it. The more we know about our pokemon, the better we can utilize their power when we battle with them. Once the hour was over, Wickie provided us with a picnic out on a terrace, Lillie stayed behind to talk to her but eventually, she joined us. Kukui spent time looking at our observations as we all chatted about our time in school so far. On the ride back, I finally asked Lillie if something was wrong the other day, regarding her distance from us after the Ultra Wormhole quake. Lillie made sure there was no one around and confessed "My mother is the one causing these Ultra Wormhole quakes and she's doing it with the intention of trying to take over Alola by capturing the Ultra Beasts. She's willing to do anything it takes, in fact, she'd go so far as to use someone's energy to awaken them." She suddenly broke down and began crying, I could do nothing but hold her to comfort her, I felt sorry for her as I'm the son of Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, so I know what she's going through. When she stopped crying, she asked me something that caught me off guard. "Do you think differently of me?" I told her the truth, it doesn't matter who your parents are, because you are your own person. Lillie immediately broke down in my arms again, but this time it was tears of joy.

Lillie's Diary: 

Going to my Mom's work is weird now that I know what she's planning on doing. I had to however, the one person who would help me was there, and that was Wickie, thankfully she was assigned to be our guide for the day. Wickie is the only person who truly saw me as her daughter, I knew I could count on her. After we did our assignment, I told Wickie about my situation and asked her if I could live at her house. Wickie said I couldn't since Lusamine used it often, but that she had a vacation house on Melemele that I could use. I knew I could trust her, Wickie wouldn't spill my secret as she worked only for the pokemon, not anyone else. Wickie told me exactly where her vacation house was and even showed on a map where it was, perfect it wasn't far from trainers school, and I wouldn't have to go past my mother's mansion to get to school. It might be weird to adjust, but hey it's for my own safety, isn't it? On the ride back to Melemele, Ash cornered me and asked why I was so distant the other day after the UB quakes. I trusted him, and I poured my heart out to him. I was crying, but Ash comforted me with a hug, it felt so natural and I just wanted to remain in his arms forever, it felt like I did. Afterward, I asked him if he thought any differently of me, he told me that my parents' identity doesn't define me, that I'm my own person and only I decide who I am. I pulled him in for hug again and I couldn't believe how right it felt, he returned the favor as I cried tears of happiness. Still, tonight as I'm inside Wickie's vacation house I can't help but notice something, as I think about those moments my heart is pounding. My heart can't deny it, I've developed feelings for him.