Ch.04 ↬ M

Somehow, I'd managed to get an appointment with the CEO himself of Kelly Industries for Monday morning.

Maybe that was why I startled awake at six that morning and failed to fall asleep again. My body was brimming with trepidation that continuously spiked my body. A thin sheen of perspiration had coated my body and despite having chucked the covers off me, I had to resort to a cold shower to cool my body down again. Afterwards, I had over an hour to waste before I'd have to start my journey to Kelly Industries so I would be early for the appointment.

In that hour, it provided me with a sufficient amount of time to get my makeshift presentation in order and all my documentation. In the time between the appointment and having officially taken over control of the community hall, I'd managed to fill in more blanks to the current schedule. I glanced at it in my wad of files and a smidgeon of proudness rocketed through me.

 I glanced at it in my wad of files and a smidgeon of proudness rocketed through me

I think my parents would be proud of me.

As I'd focused predominantly on gaining more renters for the community hall, I also knew there would be seasonal renters such as Santa and his elves. Paul had made me aware of that during the initial exchange of ideas for the community hall.

I'd not done as much work on implementing improvements to the community hall's décor, though I still had another week before the usual classes would resume. During that week, I was going to dedicate it almost wholly to that as I'd also purchased paint cans and better tables and chairs for the meetings.

Before I knew it, I'd spent so much time going through my documentation and presentation that I only left myself five minutes before I had to leave. Thinking impulsively, I quickly heated up a Pop-Tart and grabbed a bottle of water before hightailing it out of my apartment. As I locked my door, I lingered in the hallway. No sounds emanated from Josh's apartment, though I presumed he was still asleep.

I wonder what his job was... if he had one.

The walls to the apartments were staggeringly paper-thin and I came to discover that when his side of a phone call was distinctly audible and I was unable to enter my apartment, too intrigued for my own good. My cheeks still heated up at the thought of him and his right hand clenched around his cock.

Jesus.

I can't think like that, I admonished myself. I had to get into business mode and get my ass to Kelly Industries.

Luckily, I arrived at Kelly Industries fifteen minutes before my appointment. Intrigued to meet the elusive "Mr Kelly" that Debbie, Mr Kelly's personal assistant, kept referring to him as, I did briefly wonder why I was directly in contact with him for the meeting and not one of his staff. Frankly, I was too preoccupied navigating the labyrinth that was Kelly Industries to ponder what kind of man Mr Kelly was. Old or young... polite or stern... intimidating or friendly.

Having stepped into a small hallway with what I could only assume was a large office to the left of me, obscured by what I could only describe as black windows, the sign on the door simply read KELLY which wasn't much help to me. And to my right was another door. Maybe there was another hallway behind that or something, I wondered.