Ch.23 ↬ J

Okay, candles were too much last time, but were they too much this time as well?

Fuck. Why was I fucking obsessed with candles? I know it was supposed to be all romantic and shit, but there was a boundary I didn't want to cross so quickly.

For the past few days, somehow Raegan had been able to wriggle the truth from Madeline regarding tonight's event and I'd been subjected to the usual ridicule from both her and Vincent. All through the usual dinner last night at Shake Shack, Vincent had made it known that he was aware of what was brewing between Madeline and I, and didn't waste any time in weaving in little comments here or there, virtually condemning Madeline to flushes and avoiding eye contact.

Afterwards when she drove us back home—she was adamant and apparently there was no way of shifting her—she told me she didn't mind and that she was excited, frankly. And just before I traipsed into my apartment, sporting a straining hard-on from viewing her in those skinny jeans with the curve of her delectable ass exhibited that I was imminently going to sort out during a decadent shower, I reminded her of the Cher leotard that she agreed to wear.

This evening so far, I'd had an erection straining through my coal skinny jeans for ninety-five percent of the time from just envisioning her in that leotard... and nothing else. Couple that with the fact that in my fantasies sections of her hair were braided and I suspect the figure ninety-five was inaccurate.

It was more like ninety-nine percent of the time.

I was in trouble.

I was in so much fucking trouble.

My need for Madeline had turned primal and it was unnerving.

Had I ever wanted a woman as much as I wanted Madeline? No. No, I don't think so. Why her? What was it about her that made me crave her? There was something so incredibly sexy about her attires; her skinny jeans deliciously hug her hips just right and exhibit the curve of her delectable ass while she dons a baggy shirt tucked in, crippling me with animalistic desperation to run my hands up her waist that I knew contributed to her curvy hourglass figure. The dresses and outfits she usually donned to Shake Shack confirmed all I needed to know regarding what she was disguising underneath.

And then there was the hair... how had I never noticed how sexy small sectioned-off braids were? And her laugh seemed to ring through my entire body, reverberating around my chest. Her smile, though I knew it was pasted in front of years' worth of pain, could like up a night sky.

All those reasons attributed to the fact that I was honestly terrified of really trying to impress her. So far my game plan had been pretty tame and not only was it due to the fact that she'd been dating Two Sheep at the time, but also because I believe she needed coaxing to the idea of us, and I had to be the one to spawn that idea.

Okay, I can admit, I needed help. Not only did I not want to do something small and minor, but I also couldn't perform anything extravagant considering it's been a week since the fiasco with Two Raccoons. And despite the torture I've been receiving for the past few days addressing the entire situation, somehow, he'd managed to hold onto a girlfriend for several years and even moved in with her. He must know a thing or two, right?

Hell. I knew a thing or two, but for whatever reason, Madeline made me extremely nervous. And because of that, I believed Vincent would be the best person to approach with my current dilemma.

When he ultimately picked up, he was chuckling. "Shouldn't you be getting ready, lover boy?" he asked in lieu of a greeting.

I groaned, already beginning to feel the first pieces of regret seeping in. Maybe I should have just called my mom again like last time. But it was too late now. I'd be subjected to the ridicule either way.