Chapter 2

Harry
'I can't believe it!!! I'm going to Paris', I say to myself excitedly. A week in Paris with Alex is more than a dream come true! Although it still puzzles me how Alex new that I dreamed to go to Paris. I don't recall ever mentioning it to him.

This is it! This is my chance to make Alex fall in love with me. I'll make him see and realize that I'm the girl for him.

As I make my way back to my desk, I see Rodger waiting for me. I give him a small smile, as he greets me, "Good morning Ms. Adams."

"Good morning, please call me Harry," I smile at him.

He gives me a curt nod and say, "Mr. Harrington asked me to accompany you for the rest of the day, so when you're ready, I'll take you to your appointment."

"Thank you, let me just grab my coat and purse."

The drive to Belisse was quiet. Rodger has always been quiet, so I just sat back and tried to relax. I begin thinking about what I can do to make Alex notice me, then I realized I'm not like other women. I'm not as beautiful and sexy as all the girls Alex has been with. I don't date, and I definitely don't know how to flirt or be seductive. How will Alex notice me? Then I heard my mom's voice telling me what she always told me, 'The right man will love you for who you are. You don't have to change to make him love you. You just have to have faith in your love and the man you love. Have faith in him. Have faith that he will love you truly.' My mom is right, I shouldn't have to be like all those women. I have to believe that Alex will see me for who I am.

"We're here Ma'm," says Rodger, breaking through my thoughts. "You can go right in, they're expecting you."

"Thank you, I'll try not to take long," I say to him.

"Take all the time that you need."

I walk into the store and was immediately greeted by who I'm guessing is Angie, "Welcome to Belisse Ms. Adams, I'm Angie. Mr. Harrington told me that you'll be needing a few evening gowns and cocktail dresses?" She smiles warmly at me. I thought she would be younger. She looks like she's in her late forties to early fifties. She seems like a very sweet lady.

I nod at her, "yes, I guess I do. I'm not really sure what I need, he told me that you would help me out?," I ask her.

"Yes, of course, if you'll come with me, I've prepared a few selections for you."

I follow her into the fitting room. I guess this is where Alex takes his women, I though sadly.

"Here you go Ms. Adams, why don't try this one, this will look lovely on you. The colour will be perfect and will compliment your figure perfectly."

"Thank you, but please, I'll feel more comfortable if you would call me Harry," I smile warmly at her.

"Of course, Harry, so how long have you been in love with him?"

"2 years!" I say, before realizing what she just asked me. I gasp covering my mouth.

She smiles at me and say, "It's ok sweetheart, I can see you love him from the look in your eyes when I said his name."

What? Am I that obvious? "I...I...yes, but he doesn't know. He doesn't even look at me that way. I mean I'm nothing like the women he dates. I'm not as beautiful, sexy, or sophisticated," I say and she's looking at me like I'm crazy.

"That's non-sense. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You are gorgeous young lady. You have the most beautiful fiery auburn hair, and eyes so green its captivating. Anyone would be blind not to see your beauty."

I blush. "Thank you!"

She waves her hand at me, "I'm just telling the truth my dear. Mr Harrington won't know what hit him after we are done. I'll take care you. We just need to emphasize your assets my dear, and your hair, will just give it a trim and bring out your loose waves. Trust me after all of that, you're going to be even more beautiful."

"Are you sure it won't be too much? I still want him to like me for me," I asked with hesitation.

"Absolutely, it will still look you my dear. Let's get started dear. We have a lot to cover," she says while pushing me inside the dressing room to try on the dresses she selected for me.

I look at the dress in my hand and I feel like it's too revealing. 'I can't wear this I thought to myself!!!'

"How are you doing dear? Angie asks me.

"Uh...I think I should try on something else. All of these dresses are too...uh..."

"Sexy ?" She asks while laughing. "Oh dear just trust me and try them on."
"Okay." I put on the dress and look in the mirror. I am stunned. I look...good? No, I look beautiful. I love this dress on me. Angie was right it does highlight my asset. I unlock the door and turn to Angie. I smile brightly at her. "You're right!"

"Oh my dear, you look absolutely stunning. I knew it. Go on try on all those dresses," she says to me excitedly, while pushing me back inside the dressing room. "Oh Mr. Harrington will fall at your feet when he sees you in that dress."

I try on all the dresses Angie has given me and I fell in love with all of them. After trying on the dresses she brought me to the salon next door. Gary, the hair dresses gave me a few highlights and added some layer on my hair. He said it will bring out the colour and beauty of my waves. I must say, he was right. I love my new hair.

Before Angie and I make our way out the salon, I thank Gary. He gives me a warm hug and whispers, "Knock him dead, gorgeous!"

I giggle "Thanks."

As we make our way out the salon I turn to Angie and say, "I can't thank you enough Angie. Thank you for everything, for listening and helping me out."

"You're most welcome my dear, and I hope to see you soon," she says before hugging me tightly.

I turn and Rodger was there. He looks at me and he smiles. "You look beautiful Ms. Adams"

"Thank you."

He turns to Angie, "thank you for helping her out."

"It was my pleasure", she says winking at him with a knowing smile.

'What was that about?' I wonder. I shrug and I move towards the car. Rodger has already opened the door for me, I slip inside and I roll down my window to wave goodbye to Angie. She waves back while smiling at me. "Come back soon," she says to me.

I nod at her, "I will.

It was a short drive home. Rodger insisted on walking me to my door. He said Mr. Harrington strictly said that he was never to leave me until I was safely inside my apartment. After dropping my bags inside my apartment, he asked me if I needed anything else.

"No, I'm good. Thank you again for helping me out."

He smiles politely at me and says, "it was my pleasure Ms. Adams. I hope you have a good night tonight. We'll see you bright and early tomorrow." He turns to leave.

Once the door was shut. I lock it and I walk towards the couch and sat down. I feel so tired, but I'm happy. I can't wait to see the look in Alex's eyes when he sees me tomorrow. That was my last thought before drifting to sleep.