Chapter 14

Harry

I groan, who could be knocking at this hour? I'm so tired and all I want to do is sleep. I ignore it. Then a few seconds later, there was a second knock on the door. "Just a minute."

I walk to my door to unlock it. I swing my door open and I am rooted to the floor. The blood drains from my face. Oh my god. I realize it is him and my face harden.

What is he doing here? How did he find me?

"Alex..." I say in a whisper. "What are you doing here?" Oh dear god, just looking at him hurts.

"Aren't you even going to invite me in?" He asked.

"No, I'm tired and I'm not up for company. So just say want you want and leave." I said.

"Who wouldn't be tired working those hours," he muttered.

"Excuse me? You've been following me?" I asked incredulously. "You know what it doesn't matter. You have no right to comment about my life."

"Oh but I do Ry..."

I flinch at his nickname for me. I interrupt him before he could continue, "Don't ever call me that again...nicknames and pet names are for someone dear to you, and we both know I am nothing to you, as you are nothing to me Mr. Harrington."

"Ry, please..." I slap him. We are both shocked with what I did, but there's no way I'm taking it back.

"I said don't call me that!"

"That's the only time that you will ever hit me again. I don't tolerate violence Harry Elizabeth, and you'd do well to remember that," he grounded out. "Now if you don't want to wake your neighbours or hear our conversation, you better let me in."

"I hate you, you bastard!"

"Hate all you want I'm still not leaving."

Knowing his a man of his word, I stepped aside and let him in. He walked inside my apartment and stooped and looked around, disapproval on his face. Yes, I know that my apartment is not the best, but it's what I can afford. I still have bills to pay and my salary now is much lower that it was before, but I make do.

"What do you want Alex?" I ask again.

"What I want is to know what you're doing working at a dump like that and living here!"

"You arrogant bastard! You have no right to insult my home. It's none of your business what I do and don't do with my life!" I bit out

"Oh but I do, since you're carrying my child," he said.

I feel the blood drain in my face. He knows.

"I'm sorry to drag you all the way here, but it's not your baby," I lied.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Harry!"

"I'm not lying!"

"Fine, lets go. I'll get the baby tested, you damn well know how difficult it will be, but I don't give a fuck. If you continue to insist and lie to me, I will do it," he threatened.

"God, what do you want? Why can't you just leave me alone? Fine, fine it's your baby!" I said angrily.

"Harry, right now I am so angry. I'm so angry at you for not telling me! I'm angry that you're taking good care of yourself and our baby."

"How dare you! I love my baby and I make sure that I'm taking good care of my baby!"

"Yeah by doing what? Working late and living in this shit hole you call home?" He bit out.