Chapter 16

Harry

It's the day of our wedding and I'm nervous as hell.

"You look so beautiful Harriette!" Maggie said to me. I blush when she said my name. I haven't heard that name in a long time. Not since my dad died. I've always gone by Harry, my dad was the only one who calls me by my full name.

"Mom!" I hear Emma say.

"I'm sorry Harry, I didn't..."

"It's okay," I smiled at her. "I haven't been called that in such a long time. It feels good."

"It's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. You're parents would have been so proud of you."

"Thank you," I said hugging Maggie.

"Well, I should go out there and make sure everything is ready," Maggie said to me.

I smiled and nodded.

"Har, before I forget, here this is for you," she said, handing me a letter.

I looked at her with question in my eyes.

She smiled at me and said, "it's from your mom. She asked me to give this to you when you get married."

My eyes welled up in tears.

"Aren't you going to read it?" She asked.

"I can't," I whispered brokenly. I can't. This is not a real marriage. This is a marriage of convenience. Besides I don't think I could read this without bawling my eyes out.

"I understand. Read it when you're ready," Em said while engulfing me in a big hug.

"I love you Har, she said.

"I love you too...and thank you for everything."

She smiled and said, "enough of this. You don't want to ruin your make up now do you?"

We both chuckled and wiped our tears.

Then there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Em said.

It was Toni, Em's dad. "Harry, you look beautiful," he said making me blush.

"Thank you," I said.

"I was wondering, if it's okay with you, it would bring me great pleasure, if you would allow me to walk you down the aisle." He said bringing tears to my eyes.

"I would love that," I smiled at him.

"Very well then, we shall get you down that aisle. There's a very anxious man, who threatened to tare down this door if I don't get you out there as soon as possible."

I giggle nervously. If you only knew. The only reason Alex is marrying me is because of the baby. I thought sadly.

I hate all these lies, but I also don't want to worry them. Besides I'm doing this for my baby.

I wanted a simple church wedding, and now I'm standing outside the church, nervous and anxious.

This for the baby. This is for the baby, I keep repeating to myself.

Then before I know it, the doors were opening and Toni was giving me an encouraging smile. I stepped forward and looked ahead and my eyes collided with Alex and it him me....I was still madly in love with him.

Alex

The doors finally open and my gaze landed on Harry. Our eyes collided and my gut clenched. She looks absolutely stunning. I'm getting married to the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. This beautiful woman walking towards me is carrying our baby. How did I get so lucky. Then it hit me....I love her. Of course I love her. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. How could I not? I've loved her from the first moment I saw her. That's why I kept fighting it. I convinced myself that it was just my libido reacting to a beautiful woman, but it's not. I love her. And now she doesn't love me back. All she feels for me is hate.