Chapter 7

Harry

It feels so good to be in Alex's arms. In this moment I can tell that he really cares about me. I didn't mean to cry all over him but it's hard to talk about my mom and dad. They were the best.

They loved me very much...They loved each other very much.

Dad always said that he couldn't ask God for more because he already gave him the greatest gift of all. "God gave me you and your mom, and I can't ask for more."

Now I know how my dad feels. Right here, right now in this moment. Having Alex's arms around me, I feel like I can't ask for more. The man I love is here beside me, comforting me.

But then I realized that there is one thing my dad had that I don't. He had the love of the woman he loves...I don't.

"Ry? We're here," Alex said, interrupting my thoughts.

I look up to find him looking at me with concern. I smile at him reassuringly, "I'm okay Alex," I said to him.

He gives a dazzling smile, "Good, come on."

He holds out his hand to help me out of the car. Once I was out of the car, I expected him to let go of my hand, but he continues to hold my hand on our way in to his building. We are greeted by the manager.

"Bonjour Mr. Harrington. Welcome back."

"Bonjour. I trust that everything is doing well Mr. Pierre?"

"Yes sir."

We walk to the elevators and I am not surprised when Alex hits the button for the penthouse. We stay quiet all the way up. When we reach his floor, I am in awe of what greets me. The space has Alex written all over it. Masculine, in control, and efficient. What amazes me the most is the view.

"You like it?" Alex asked me.

"You have a beautiful place. The view is amazing. I don't know how you're able to go out with a view like this," I grin up at him.

"The view is what sold me this place. I'm glad you approve."

He slowly walks towards me. He's looking at me intently.

"You look so beautiful. I like what you've done with your hair. It brings out your eyes," he said while brushing away a strand of hair away from my face.

"I didn't think you noticed"

"Oh I noticed," he said enticingly. "I was just distracted by the fact that you're living in an unsafe place, but let's not get into that again. I don't want to sour our mood."

"What are we doing?" I ask him breathlessly.

"I'm going to kiss you," he said and before I could react he cups my face and crashes lips to mine. He kisses me hungrily. I return his his kiss with my own passion. He moves us back till we crash to the wall.

"He leaned over and brushed his lips over mine. His hand at my nape. He dug farther into my hair as he shifted positions and slid his tongue across my lips. I sighed aloud.

He meant to coax her into understanding but there was no need. Instead of pulling away I raised my hands to his face and opened my mouth beneath his.

The kiss was hot, intense. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced.

He lifted his head and we looked into each other's eyes.

"Harry." He said my name as if he was in pain. Then he captured my lips again. Together we tumbled backward onto the floor. He trapped my body between his legs and shifted until the heat of his arousal was pressed firmly at the juncture of my thighs.

Pausing long enough to open his eyes, he watched my face as he further inflamed my senses. He ground his hips against mine.

My eyes glazed over. "More," I said. It was as if I was hypnotized. It felt so good to be with.

He grit his teeth against the combination of pleasure and pain and thrust himself against her.

"God, what you do to me!" He kisses me again. "You." Kiss. "Drive." Kiss. "Me." Kiss. "Crazy."

Suddenly, my senses comes back to me and I'm pushing Alex away from me.

"Alex, please, we can't do this. We have to stop," I said breathlessly. I'm still reeling from that kiss.

"You want me just as much as I want you Ry, I can feel it with the way you responded to me."

"That's not the point. Alex, let's just do what we've come here to do." What am I saying? I want him. But I want his love. I want to be different. I don't want to be just one of his women.

"Fine. Let's go to dinner," he said cheerfully, while composing himself. He reaches out his hand to me to help me out.

I ignore his gesture and I try to stand up. My legs feel like jelly. He notices and he helps steady me. I gain my composure and straighten my clothes.

What? Didn't he just hear what I said? "Alex, I meant we should keep things professional. What happened just now can't happen again." For now, I thought to myself.

"Ok. So shall we?"

Argh! he is so infuriating....I like it.

I pretend to be upset and angry. "Didn't you hear what I just said?"

"Look Ry, we both need to eat. There's no point in eating separately. We'll just have some dinner and then head back here, get a goodnight' sleep. We have an early day tomorrow. I need your undivided attention."

"Ok then." I surrender. "Let me just put my stuff in my room."

He regards me seriously.

"What?" I ask him.

"There's only one room," he said.

"What? you're kidding right?"

He laughs, "Why Ry? Are you afraid you won't be able to control yourself?"

"Of all the agonistic egotistical prick..." Before I could finish my sentence he grabs me and kisses me.

When he ends the kiss we were both breathing heavily.

"Don't worry, I'll stay on my side of the bed," he winks at me, while grabbing my hand and leading me out the door.