Chapter Two

Kasumi's Pov
I don't know why I was so worried. I was usually better at keeping my cool, but when I was around someone I liked not so much. I walked side by side with Shikamaru who looked very deep in thought keeping his arms pressed behind his head.

I had turned my face to focus on my shoes a little running all the possible scenarios in my head. Did Temari put him up to this? Maybe he found out I had a small diary with daydreams about him.

All the over-thinking in my head made me let out the loudest squeak as I quickly held my mouth in shock seeing him glance over at me with worry, and concern as he chewed on a toothpick.

"Are you okay? You aren't hurt right?" He question. I quickly shook my head no, gulping down the hard lump before quickly speaking fast I started to stammer greatly.

"How come you wanna hang out with me? Do you wanna sell my organs." I blurted out the first thing I thought when any cute guy wanted to hang out with me.

Shikamaru at first started blinking before he then let the loudest laugh out focusing on me. "Oh no no Kasumi I'm not gonna sell your organs." He laughed quietly then he spoke to me again.

"You're actually really really cool from what everyone talks about and I wanted to get to know you better. It's just kinda a drag that I haven't before, and I've seen you so many times. " I slowly relaxed when he explained himself to me. But it made my stupid silly heart flutter.

"I've wanted to hang out with you too," I admitted seeing him grin softly. I watched him nudge me with his elbow. "So what do you wanna do first? We have the whole day ahead of us?" I slowly pondered in thought before I smiled looking at him.

"I have the perfect idea! "

_________________________________
So when the wild idea stuck through me, somehow I was able to convince the very lazy boy to sneak into the many gambling casinos he had in his village. It's where the fun actually really began.

We kinda looked much older than our age which was cool. So we ended running all-around gambling with cards, coins anything we could find. We won quite a lot of money.

"This is so awesome," Shikamaru mumbled happily as he had his head laying on the table in some of the tokens we had won, this happy grin on his face.

"How have we not been caught yet?" He turned his attention to face me for an answer. I scanned my eyes around stuffing the money in my pocket.

"Maybe cause you look exactly like your dad and look fifty." I said totally joking, hissing when he kicked me in the leg "you are such a drag." He chuckles shaking his head.

"But you aren't too scary like Temari I'll give you that you're quite fun." He complimented an making me squeak ignoring the heat rushing to my face, as I handed him his share of the money which he stuffed in his pocket.

"Well thank you, you aren't half bad yourself." I giggled seeing that silly grin go across his face. "Damn right." He mumbled. Another few hours flew by with us rushing back around to gamble.

Before we had rushed out when finally a few adults spotted us and we rushed out running away. I ended up walking Shikamaru home since he was tired with the sun finally set.

"I hate to admit this but that was the most fun I've had in a while usually I gotta babysit my dad when he gets drunk." He grumbled turning to face me once we reached his house.

I waved my free hand at him chuckling as I grew shy. "Oh don't even worry, I'm glad we had fun. I enjoyed it a lot too. " I said giving him a smile which he returned. His free hand was in his doorknob. And he looked to be in thought again before he turned back to look at me speaking.

"Hey, can we hang out again sometime when I'm not training." I felt my heart pick up speed before I quickly nodded my head.

"Y-Yeah totally we can soon good night Shikamaru. " I stammered. He waved goodbye to me.

"Night Kasumi, sweet dreams." He smiled one last time at me before he entered his house. I turned around on the heel of my shoe as I let out the rough breath of air I didn't realize I had been holding in before speaking quietly to myself.

I made my way back to the little apartment where Gaara and everyone were waiting.

"I can't believe I actually didn't make a complete fool out of myself..."