Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Mikey's P.O.V:

9:27 PM

"So how long do we have left?" asked a female voice.

"Ah, only three minutes. If we're going to get the item without the alarm going off, then we better do it quick," responded a male voice.

Four of us were hiding behind wooden crates. We were all dressed in all black to blend in the shadows. Our masks covered our faces and we all had no weapons. The only person who had a belonging was the female, who had a brown side bag to contain our mission item. This wasn't an attack mission, it was retrieval mission. "Well then, let's gets to running," added a second male voice.

We jumped from our spots and began running into the direction of our mission item. We were trying to locate something in a time frame so that our lives would be easier. On our way there, we heard mechanical noises.  "Guys, watch out," whispered the first male voice.

We all leapt to a shadow where we were practically invisible. Three Kraang droids walked past us with laser guns. "Where is that which is known as the strange noise, Kraang?" asked one of the Kraang.

"Kraang heard it over by the entrance, Kraang," answered the second Kraang.

"Kraang must hurry," urged the third Kraang.

"Agreed, let's go Kraang," said the first Kraang, and all three bots walked away.

We all walked out of the shadows. "Man, thank goodness our suits are designed to blend in with shadows. It really makes our jobs easier," proclaimed the woman.

"You said it. How much time do we have left Diego?" asked the second male voice.

Diego Horton. Diego is 18. He's 5'6, Latino, and he is a perfectionist. He likes to be punctual and precise. That probably explains why he's annoyed right now. "We only have two minutes left. At this point, we're not getting out of here before the alarm goes off. Besides, those three Kraang bots are probably just going to set it off once they see the mess Michael made."

Michael Mitchell. Michael is 17. He's 5'4. He's Caucasian and he's usually chilled and laid back. But when you give him a mission, he knows to take it seriously. A few minutes ago, he accidentally broke some stuff while we were sneaking in, so that's why the Kraang droids are currently investigating it. "Okay, but in my defense, I thought I would've land correctly. I didn't know my weight would've broken the boxes filled with antiques. Come on, back me up Thea."

Thea Sadd. Thea is 18. She's 5'8 and Afro-Indian. She's the peacemaker of the group. Despite her last name, she's usually really cheery. Whenever there's a problem, you can always count on her to fix it. "Look guys, arguing about it right now is really being counter-productive. We won't make the time, but we can still get out of here unharmed. So please, work with each other and not against each other."

Diego and Michael looked at each other, then shook hands. They both knew now was not the time to get distracted.

"Okay, let's go. Mikey, lead the way," said Diego.

Mikey. That person is me. No need for introductions. I'm just here to complete my mission. "Let's do this," I said.

I ran down the corridor with my comrades running behind me. We stopped in front of a door. I got my team ready, "Okay, on three. One, two, three!"

Michael and I kicked down the door and Thea rolled into the room and threw down smoke pellets. It was a good thing she did so, because there were two Kraang droids in the room. 

Diego jumped in and smashed the heads of the Kraang droids together. He then pulled the Kraang out of their machines and pummeled them to the ground. "Good job team," I praised.