Chapter 6: Struggle

Leo's P.O.V:

1:00 pm

I waited in the Shellraiser outside the place I requested April to meet me at. I looked at the cameras to see where she could be coming from. She ended up coming from the corner of the street. She had a backpack on with her usual jumpsuit. She looked around and saw the Shellraiser and started walking to it. I opened the door for her. "Hey April," I greeted.

"Sup Leo," she responded.

That was it. We've become so accustomed with each other that a simple greeting is all we need. "So anyways, what did you need to do that you had me pick you up in a different spot?"

"I was visiting Casey in the hospital. As you know, it's a hike from where I live. So I got in a bit more exercise," answered April.

That's what I liked about her. Her responses were short, sweet, and simple. "Alright, let's do this," I said.

"You sure? I mean, we don't usually do patrol this early. What if something happens later on in the night?" pointed out April.

"I'll be ready then. For now, let's cruise around," I said.

I drove the Shellraiser to so many parts of the city. At one point, April and I came across some purple dragons. We saw them entering an alleyway. I nodded to her and she nodded back. We got out the Shellraiser and headed into that alley. It was three Purple Dragons. "What are you three doing back here?" I called out.

It looked like they didn't notice us, but when they did, the first Purple Dragon said, "Oh shoot, it's one of the turtles."

"Hope you're not stealing any purses or whatnot," added April.

"Woah, wait, please, we're not here to cause trouble," said a second Purple Dragon.

"Then why are you here?" I peered at them.

"We..." began the first one, but the third one butted in, "Listen man, whatever beef you have, bring it to our bosses. We don't want any of it."

I stared them down. "What are your names?" I asked.

They hesitated, so I asked the question again, this time with more force, "What are your names?"

They seemed to have gotten the message, so the first one said, "Luis."

The second one said, "Alam."

And the third one said, "Shawn."

"I thought Purple Dragons had a code. One man's problem is every man's problem. Directing us to your bosses doesn't look like you're honoring that code," I pointed out.

"Well maybe we don't care, alright?" burst out Adam.

That caught me off guard. "What do you mean? You guys not loyal to the Dragons or something?" I questioned.

"Look dude, just... leave us alone. We don't want trouble," pleaded Luis.

Before I could press on, April said, "Come on Leo, let's just go."

I trusted April's judgement. I nodded and we left those guy alone. As we were leaving, I asked her, "Why'd you pull us out of there?"

"Because something about their minds seemed weird. It's like they were tired of something," explained April.

"You think they're tired of being Purple Dragons?" I theorized.

April shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe. Regardless, they were doing nothing wrong, so there was no need for us to get involved."