Ch. 28

Carl's P.O.V.

  You never really realize how much you have until it's gone. you feel as if the most important thing in your life has been taken from you. In my case, the most important thing has been taken from me. Carter was so sweet, and so breath taking.

  I loved her... I Løve her. No matter what happens in life, there is always hope to hold on to. Carter actually told me that.

  I remember the first time I met her, and she was telling me how embarrassing her name was, how her dad had wanted a boy. She was the opposite of a boy... well obviously. I was able to tell that she had been girly before.... and I liked that.

  Carter knew how to take care of herself, but she had always wanted to make sure that others were okay. she had always put me before herself, and I knew that is what I would miss most about her.

  Our first kiss... her being scared one night and sleeping with me in my bunk, us killing those walkers together, and that one time she attempted to make dinner for everyone, and it ended up being the best dinner we had eaten since the beginning of the apocalypse. those are memories that I will never be able to forget.

  Carter was beautiful. she had always looked so clean. even if she had just been rolling in mud, she would still look amazing.

  I'm just in disbelief that she's gone. She had always said that she had no family.... but she really did have a family. she had us. all of us at the prison.

As I was laying down in my bunk, katelyn came up to me. "go away." I sternly told her.

  "I know you're going through a lot, but you don't need to be so mean." She told me. "sorry..." I murmured.

  We sat there in a moment of silence, and then katelyn said, "Carter was amazing. she had everything you needed in a friend. she always put others before herself."

  I nodded in agreement as those words repeated in my mind. I sat up, and katelyn sat next to me. We stared at each other for a moment...

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Katelyn's P.O.V

  I was staring into Carl's beautiful blue eyes, and then I leaned in and started to kiss him. he kissed back, his hands cupped around my face. he suddenly backed away.

  "What's wrong?" I asked. "this.... this is wrong. I don't love you. I love carter."

  "Well Carter is gone... and I'm the next best thing. I've been the best thing, but clearly Carter has fogged up your mind so you can't see that." I sneered.

  "Get out." he firmly said.

  "No"

  "Get out!" he screamed.

  I quickly got up and went back to my cell. that bitch. what was wrong with him? doesn't he see how much better I am than Carter.

  Sure we were friends, but we all knew I was the better one.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Carl's P.O.V.

  What was wrong with that girl. she comes into my cell being all sincere, and then she tries to suck my face off.

  I walked outside to get some fresh air. I looked at the spot where Carter had died.

  Anger rushed through my body. I called katelyn outside, and she came out almost immediately.

  I grabbed my knife and stabbed her stomach, and then I slit her throat.

I immediately regretted what I had done. I covered up her body, and gave her to the walkers outside the fence.

  My dad's gonna kill me...