Class Trial Aftermath

After what seemed like hours, which it probably was, we all came to a conclusion.
It wasn't supposed to end like this.
A feint "I'm sorry" could be heard before Monokuma's voice empowered it

"STOP STOP STOP! Save it for the end of the trial! The debate has finished, so now, it's voting time!!"
I look down at my podium to see a list of all students you could vote as the blackened.
Except, Rantaro had a bloody 'X' over his icon.
I hate this.

I hate this.

I hate this.

We all know who did it.
And I know for a fact that no matter how I vote, it'll make no difference.
The blackened will still be punished, and I will be left alone.
I scroll through of panel of names, and click.

"It seems the voting has finished... now let's see the result!"

A screen lowered itself above the Monokubs, and clicked on, showing everyone's vote.
'Ding ding'
A picture a Kaede showed up with a ribbon, showing she was the one voted as the blackened.

I hate this.

"Who will be chosen as the blackened? Will you mak the right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one?!"
Everything went silent, as the verdict showed the Kaede was truly the one who killed Rantaro.

Kaede stayed silent as everyone around her was shocked, wondering what would happen next.
"Good.."
She whispered.
"What do you mean good?! Is this how you want it to end?"
Kaito seemed to always have a fury around him.
"Not really, could've turned out worse, but this is fine too."
Kaede, why are you doing this...

"It's just as Shuichi said, I sought to kill the mastermind. I thought if I were to kill the mastermind, it would end the game and save everyone. I couldn't capture them because of the time limit. This was my only chance. To save everyone."

"Even if you had to kill someone?"
Kokichi had I finger to his mouth and a crazy expression.

"That's right. I thought killing the mastermind was the best chance of escaping this place together." Kaede replied.
"Oh Kaede.. it never dawned on you?"
What?
"As soon as the thought entered your head, Monokuma had you right where he wanted. Because what mattered most to Monokuma is that the killing game started."
Kokichi smirked and rest his arms behind his head.
"Regardless of your reasons, the moment you felt the urge to kill, you had already lost. You agreed to be apart of this killing game when you allowed murder to fill your heart."
Kokichi seemed really serious.

"But if you put it that way..."
Tsumugi.
"But he's right! She's the reason the killing game started.
Miu.
"But she saved us!"
Tenko.
"That's right.. we no can blame her."
Gonta

"I know that!"
Kokichi.
He yelled loudly as tears rolled down his face.
"That's why I'm so.. pissed off! Pissed off at myself for being so useless!"
I was shocked. It was a huge possibility it was a lie, but there seemed to be some truth to it.
Nevertheless, I spoke up.
"I can see through your act."
That single sentence cut through the tension.

"Maann... That obvious huh?"
Kokichi smiled as he put his arms behind his head. But, there seemed to be still tears in his eyes.
Everyone was annoyed at how he played through their feeling

"But Kokichi is right. I was being played."
Kaede has voice was laced with despair. What the mastermind wanted.
"I didn't even kill the mastermind... I killed our dear friend."
"I took an innocent life! I'm nothing but a horrible murderer! You all should hate me, be disgusted by me!"
Her yells filled the room.
Man today just isn't my day

"Kaede calm down!"
Everyone went silent for it seemed the 100th time today.

"We can't let this boring display grind the action to a halt! Time to make things interesting!"

I hate this.

"And now, the moment you've been waiting for! Punishment time!"

"Well, bye kayayday! Nice meetin ya!"

Why would Kokichi say something like that?
No one spoke up.

"Get ready for Punishment time!"

Soon after, a clasp came and wrapped around Kaede's neck, I tried to reach out for her, but I failed as she was dragged away.
I watched as she was suspended above a piano, being forced to play with her body as she was struggling to breathe.

I hate this.

Soon, Kaede's body lay limp as she silently swung in one spot. Everyone held their breathes.
Then, the piano cover came down with all the spikes and crushed her.
Everyone stood still and watched as blood dripped.

~~~~
777 words is surely a godly number