I admit it.

Shuichi's POV

After a really short investigation, everyone crowded into the class trial room.
We all know who it was, no doubt about it.
It's the sad but painful truth.
I don't remember the incident at all, but I do remember one thing.
Kiibo bashing his metal arm plates into Kaito's head as I was laying on the floor.

The robot we have all come to love, Kiibo, murdered Kaito Momota.
But why? What was the motive?
He would never do something like that out of spite or just because.
It's time to find out.

I step into the trial room, going up to my podium. I watch Kokichi being dragged to his, and then the trial starts.

"I admit it."
Kiibo started immediately.
"I killed Kaito Momota, you all saw. So vote already."
I stood shocked, as well as everyone else.
We all knew it was him but we thought he would at least give a fight.
Kiibo looked up to us and gave us a sad smile.

"But... w-why? Why did you d-do it?"
Kokichi spoke up, quite scared.
A sigh came from Kiibo and he spoke up.
"Ouma requested me to go find Saihara, as he was breaking down. I searched the halls and found yells coming from Momota's room. They sounded distressed, so obviously I broke the door open."
He watched everyone's reactions, then continued.
"I found Momota punching and choking Saihara. I remember running towards him and bashing my arm into the side of his head. And that's where my memory cuts off."

I stood shocked. Kaito attacked me? Why..?

"The last thing I remember of the incident is me standing over Kaito's body, blood all over me and my arms."

I heard a sob, and looked over to see Kokichi crying. I wanted so bad to just give him a hug.

But this is a class trial, and we have a murderer in the room. But unlike the last one, we have no trouble with this one.

My mind fuzzes, I can tell Monokuma is talking. But I'm not listening. A voting list pops up. I press Kiibo.

Everyone watches as the tally comes in.
Kiibo got all votes
Except one...

Someone voted for Kokichi?
Everyone looks around. My eyes catch Kokichi's, and he cries. "I don't want Kiibo to die! Kill me instead!"
Kokichi voted for himself.

He stumbled and runs over to Kiibo, who takes him into a hug.
"I'm sorry Ouma... Kokichi. I did it. And I have to pay the consequence."

"Is everyone ready? It's punishment tiimmee!!!"

Kiibo lets go of Kokichi, and steps away.
Two chains wrap around Kiibo's body and he gets dragged away into the side of the room.
We all get rushed into a side room, where a single metal table stood.

Kiibo was shoved onto the table, tied down with the chains. He gave everyone a sad smile.
A set of tools were wheeled in with Monokuma soon following.
Monokuma set himself up besides Kiibo, and grabbed the tools.
First, he picked up a screwdriver.
He seemed to be gentle at first.

Until everything dropped

Everyone stood in horror as we watched Monokuma stab Kiibo's weak spots, with many screwdrivers and hammers.
Everything went by in a flash, Kiibo was screaming. The look on his face hurt everyone.
We watched intensely as Monokuma seemed to be going super speed.
Kiibo would cry if he could.
Monokuma swiftly stopped, watching everyone's reactions.
Then gave a devil smile.
He immediately ripped Kiibo's arm off, a piercing scream following.
I've never heard Kiibo scream like that. It was filled with pain.

Everything kept speeding up.
Until it stopped.
Kiibo was left on the table, metal plates scattered around the room. His left leg was barely hanging on, and Monokuma held his decapitated arm.

Monokuma backed away, and we watched the table holding Kiibo slowly sliding down.

"No.. no... NO... PLEASE!"
Kiibo yelled as he was thrown into a garbage chute, never to be seen again.
But, Monokuma stood. Holding his memory chip as well.

---------
678 words
Woah poor Kiibo...
If you liked this chapter, please consider a vote. All the support is helping me post more! 🥺💕