Chapter 33

A minute or so later Verick came into view. As he slowly walked into the room, the rage that surrounded him faded and he smiled at Zandra. "You're really something, you know that?" He looked around the room his eyes stopped to take a brief look at the ashes not too far off. Sighing he turned his attention back to them.

"How the hell did you get out?" She asked with venom in her tone.

He laughed a little. "After you abandoned me, I became quite enraged and started destroying everything in the room. While ripping up your pants this came out," he lifted his hand up and her locket dangled from his hands. "I remember you telling me about it when you were younger. How your parents made it for you so you couldn't get trapped in the maze. Got me thinking that I might be able to use it myself to get out." His eyes locked with hers, "it might have stayed dormant if I hadn't taken a little of your blood not too long before."

Zandra looked at him confused.

Putting the locket away in his pants pocket for safe keeping, he looked back at her with satisfaction. "You probably didn't notice while you were in the midst of orgasm. As a precaution I bit into your leg carefully while you were enjoying yourself and then licked the wound closed." Looking her over he gave another small chuckle, "I see you found pants. They look better on you than me, gotta say."

"Shut the hell up," Zandra said. The last person she wanted to hear about this was Fen who was standing next to her.

Verick started to pace a little making Fen twitch, which didn't go unnoticed as the vampire seemed to be savoring the moment, they were now in. "Now, you will take me to where I want to go." He said with some demand.

"I don't think so," Fen said as he started attacking Verick, not wanting to waste any more time.

Joining him, Zandra hoped that maybe together they could overpower him. He was quick, too quick. She struggled to keep up with him; Fen fairing just a little better. Just when Zandra felt as though they had gained their ground, he hit her hard enough to send her back a few feet. Fen had gotten distracted by the heavy punch and turned to her for a split second to check on her. That distraction was all Verick needed to kick Fen's legs out from under him. As Fen fell Verick knocked his sword to the side and grabbed his arm breaking it at the elbow.

Fen screamed out in pain as Verick grabbed his arms and pinned them behind his back. Zandra froze looking at them both. "Don't worry about me. Just kill him." Fen said between his teeth as Verick pulled on his bad arm causing him to scream out.

"Stop!" She yelled looking between the two, her heart racing.

Verick smiled at her, "then lead the way." He nodded towards the door.

"Don't Zandra. You can't," Fen said pleading with her.

"It's alright," she said as she headed towards the door.

"Lose the sword," Verick told her.

She squeezed hard enough for her knuckles to turn white for a second before throwing it to the side and walked out into the hall. Heading back to the throne room she touched the stone, and the stairs came into view once more. Verick nodded for her to continue and she proceeded to descend the stairs. "No more detours," he said with warning.

Zandra said nothing as she led them down the hall. As they passed his cell, she could see the bed strewn all over the hall the stuffing from the bed was everywhere. She swallowed hard as they walked by her tattered jeans and her underwear lying out in the open. "We are going to have to do that again sometime. It's been a while since I've had a challenge that good." Verick leaned in and whispered in Fen's ear, "she tasted amazing. I wonder if you managed to make her moan out like that."