Chapter Seven

I stretched my legs out and opened my eyes to be met with a Niall. He was still sleeping, along with the rest of the group. I heard a clinking sound coming from the kitchen. I slid out of the sleeping nest all six of us managed to sleep in. Maria's spot was unoccupied.

I turned the corner and saw her stirring her tea. I smiled. "Hey early bird." She sung. I rolled my eyes in reply, and plonked myself onto one of the stools.

"So, how are things?" She asked. I knew she was hinting at something, but being Maria the possibilities never end. "What kind of things?" I asked casually.

"What have you and Niall been doing?!"

I shook my head and laughed. "What kind of question is that. What have you and Micheal been doing?"

"This is different. And shut up. We are talking about you and Niall right now."

"There is nothing to talk about." I shot back.

"Well please don't tell me you haven't talked about what are you two going to do when he leaves?"

"What do you mean, 'leaves'?" I asked. I cupped my fingers around the hot mug of tea she pored me. She could be talking about college, but he isn't going right away. At least that's what he told me.  

"You mean he hasn't told-" She cut herself off. "You don't know?" She lowered her voice down and her eyes widened.

"Know what?"

"Nothing! Not a thing!" She yelped. "Let's go get them up." Before I could object she danced off to the living room. I groaned and followed her.

I made myself comfortable against Niall, setting my feet on Callum. I played with the Irish bracelet on Niall's wrist. He turned his head slightly and mumbled who knows what. My fingers trailed along his arm and up to his blond locks. His eyes opened slightly. "Morning rookie." I cooed.

An unexpected smile popped onto his face. "What happened last night?"

I laughed, "You, Micheal, and Callum got drunk. Cam refused to let us leave." I know we wouldn't have anyway but we sound cooler this way. He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair like I had been doing.  

"Hangovers are a bitch. Get me some water?" He asked. I nodded and handed him the bottle next to us on the floor. He silently thanked me and gulped it down. I made a funny face while he was drinking his water, he started choking with laughter. I laughed along with him. He made a face back at me.

"You. Are. So. Cute." Maria teased. I looked away from Niall and to my crazy friend. "Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows in question.

"See. I am pretty sure they already broke the bet." Callum nudged Cam and they laughed. I was surprised when I heard Niall laugh as well.

"Ugh, I gotta go see the girl friend." Callum blurted out. He shoved his phone angrily into his pocket and got up.

"See ya love birds." He waved before saying good bye to everyone else. When he shut the door behind him I blurted out what had been on my mind for weeks. "Does he even seem happy to you?"

"No not at all." Micheal mumbled. We all nodded in agreement.

"I think it's time we go on a date." Cam said to Maria. She smiled, "Yeah. That sounds nice." She kissed him briefly before they stood up. "We will catchya guys later." I smiled, "Bye."

"Then there were three." Micheal said casually.

"An awesome three. Let's play mw3." I suggested, and made my way into Micheal's room.

Niall smirked, "She has been into video games lately... and rhymes." I heard Micheal laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~