Chapter Eighteen

"Okay, I need your help with the cake when you get back!" Darcey told me, while dragging my bag to Niall's car. "Oh and the bridesmaids dresses! What do you think, a greyish purple or a nice summer blue?"

"Blue, definitely." I rolled my eyes, shutting the car door.

"I thought so too! Oh my god, there is so much to get done in so little time!" She squealed. "I still need to pick out the flowers and the venue-"

"Let's not fluster the poor girl," Aaron chuckled from beside her, wrapping his arms around her.

"You both sound like a couple of kids getting married at age twenty two," I chuckled, realizing how last minute their planning was.

"You're getting up there. Take a good look guys. This could be your future." Darcey looked from me to Niall, a small smirk on her lips. I gasped when I realized what she was getting at.

Niall laughed and turned to me, "What do ya say, baby? Wanna stop in Vegas while we're there? We could honey moon in your parents' backyard."

"I suggest getting Elvis! Hell, that's a story to share with her family over dinner." Darcey replied, laughing at the thought.

"Do you see this?" I asked Niall. "Do you see what I have to live with?" I giggled, motioning to my crazy aunt.

"You think we're weird? Sweetie, good luck with the rest of her family." Darcey told Niall, waving her hand around.

"Whatever you do, don't leave him alone with your cousins." Darcey eyed me. The last time I brought a friend to our family "Get together" my cousins almost killed her. "I may be hundreds of miles away but I will still get your sorry ass for scaring this boy away. Are we clear?"

"Crystal." I answered, fakely coughing to cover up my laugh.

She held her arms out to Niall, he accepted the hug gratefully. I must have imagined it, but I thought I heard her say something like, "Take care of my niece."

"I will," Niall pulled away and loaded the rest of our luggage.

"Ah honey, honey, honey, have the best time." She kissed my cheek, hugging me tightly. "Give Aaron a hug, for me?" I sighed loudly, so she knew that I didn't want to.

When she finally let go I awkwardly walked over to Aaron and gave him a small hug. "Bye." I waved to them both and turned to Niall and his car.

"I like your aunt," Niall chuckled, tapping on the roof of the car.

"Sure, sure," I waved him off, hopping in.

~*~*~*~*~

I bounced up and down in my seat, we were almost there. The familiar grey blanket of clouds now covered the sky. And I could almost already feel the wet, muggy feeling on my skin. I was feeling to close but to far away at the same time.

I played with my fingers in my lap, trying to distract myself from all of the possible scenarios in my head or the crazy thoughts I was thinking while I was half conscious last night. I tried concentrating on the music playing from Niall's iPod in one of my ears.

"Hey worry wart, calm down," Niall kissed my shoulder, noticing that I was on edge. "I promise I won't pick a fight with your six year old cousin or tell your parents we are getting married in Vegas."

He made me laugh a little. "Alright? There is nothing to worry about." He rubbed his hands up and down my arms. In that moment, listening to this song, feeling drowned in my own love, on my way to Washington, I almost wanted to tell him that I knew. And that I wanted things to stay the same.