Chapter 4

It had been a week since Aura had gone missing and the police hadn't found anything yet. They knew the police hardly did anything. So they took it upon themselves to find their friend. They tried and tried but never got anything and almost gave up.Maeve had stopped talking in class. That worried Mr. Hugh and he tried comforting her by saying everything would be fine.

Ever since the whole school got to know about Aura's kidnap some felt sorry and some made fun. Of course whoever made fun regretted it. They wouldn't let go of whoever made fun of Aura without teaching them a lesson.

Unfortunately, the principal couldn't really do anything about it. Because she knew that their friend got kidnapped and the others didn't have the right to make fun of it.

But a day came when everything got worse.

They sat at the park as they talked when suddenly, Faith's phone made a soft ting, indicating a message.

She turned it on and saw that it was a video.

From Aura.

She looked at her friends and they nodded.

She played the video.

With every second of the video her eyes grew wider and wider as tears poured out. When the video was over, she dropped the phone, a bewildered expression written on her face as the sob that she hardly held back escaped her mouth.
Teresa quickly hugged her and rubbed her back as she took the phone from the ground.

Everyone huddled around Teresa to watch the video.

They saw a figure in the corner of the room. They figured it was Aura as her light brown curls were matted to her face. She seemed to have passed out as she wasn't moving or protesting. In other words her face was completely vacant. There was something off about her face.

As the video continued, they saw a man walk up to her. He had a black mask covering his whole head. He took Aura by her hair and dragged her close to the camera . He let out a harsh grunt as he threw her down. They still felt like something was missing. He made her side face the camera as he picked her up by her hair again. The man roughly made a middle parting to her hair till the back.

The next thing he did made them almost throw up.

They watched with horror on their faces as he took a saw and sawed Aura's head into half. Her half and excessively bloody brain slithered to the ground as her completely sawed her head to half, leaving the head in two, while it hung for life on her neck.

The man turned to the camera as his freakishly familiar blue eyes creased as he smiled. He licked the saw clean of blood.

Everyone was in tears and they hated themselves as they thought it was their fault that Aura had died. Maeve was shaking. She hated too much violence. And it was 10 times worse as it was happening to her best friend.

They decided to go home. On their way they met the police and showed it to them.

Meanwhile something clicked in Oretha's head.

"Hey guys?" She said thoughtfully, "Can't we track the location of the phone to track Aura?"

Everyone thanked her brilliant idea which no one could think of as they were too busy crying.

They immediately went with the police while the police called backup. They drove and drove.
They assumed it was far from where they had come as they hadn't reached the destination even after half an hour. When suddenly the police jolted the car to a stop.

They are pointing to the right of us.
Everyone gave worried glances while Faith and a few more jumped out after the police.

They ran towards an ending of a hill. When they had stopped Faith had almost jumped off the cliff to see her bestfriend.

Unfortunately, no sign of living was found. The only thing there, at the end of the hill was a big pond. A destroyed phone floating on the surface.