Chapter 1

They giggled at the back of the class.

Maeve was still laughing, when Mr. Hugh walked up to them. Oretha straightened up in the nick of time. "Miss Thaddeus," boomed Mr Hugh, pointing towards the door.

Maeve smiled as she left the class. She stood outside humming a song as she gently swayed her head.

Maeve was the youngest of her friends. She had light grey eyes and her black hair reached a little under her shoulders, framing her fair face. Maeve was small and short, So she was usually made fun of by her friends even though she was a little bit taller than Skylee and Oretha. But many people told her she would grow tall.

She walked away from the class as she heard the bell ring. She opened her locker and took out her diary.

She shut the locker and went to the school grounds. Her friends were waiting for her by the tree which they always reserved. It was their meeting spot.

"Where the hell were you?" Faith asked, worried.

Faith was tall, skinny and fair. She had soft hazel eyes and silky black hair that reached under her shoulders. She was the third youngest even though everyone thought she was the oldest of her friends.

Maeve waved her diary in front of Faith's face.

"Do you know anything other than your diary?" Faith asked, rolling her eyes.

"Well it's not my fault," said Maeve, "You gave this to me on my birthday, remember?"

Faith sighed and faced Oretha.

"You were both in together in your last class, why wasn't Maeve with you?"

Oretha stopped chewing the piece of sandwich she was eating and looked up at Faith.

"She was sent out of class for laughing," Oretha shrugged.

Faith gave her a dirty look.

"What?" Protested Oretha, "I cracked a joke and everyone knows I will die of boredom if I don't."

Oretha was the third oldest of her friends. She was short, slim and tan. She had dark blue eyes and short black hair. She was the joker.

"Why is it that you always have to get punished?" Asked Faith.

"Why is it that you can never stop asking useless questions?" Asked Maeve, as she sat down on the grass.

Everyone sat down.

They talked for a while.

"Hey guys?" Asked Maeve, "We should do something today. We are all so bored."

Everyone agreed.

Just then Ary and her gang walked past them giving them a dirty look.

They returned it back to them.

Ary was the school bully.

Ary wasn't much older than Maeve. She was tall, slim, and very fair. Her blonde curls reached her shoulders, and her dark brown eyes showed just how cruel she was to people she didn't like.

"Okay," said Oretha, taking another bite of her sandwich, "What are we doing today?"

Later that evening

"Hey guys!" Beamed Aura, "Sorry I am late."

Aura was the second youngest. She was short, slim, and tan. She had brown eyes and long brown curls. She was Faith's best friend, therefore sat beside her.

Oretha and Maeve were talking and laughing. Oretha was laughing while bobbing her head back and forth.

They heard the bell jingle on top of the cafés door. They saw a tall and two short figures enter and heading their way.

"Hey guys," said Sydney, while Skylee and Teresa just smiled and waved.

Sydney was the oldest. She was short, slim and light tan. She had soft green eyes and her light brown curls fell right on her shoulders. She was very emotional. She cried for everything. Her best friend lived in Turkey.

Sydney sat beside Oretha and started talking about F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Maeve sat there between them and tried her best to stir the topic. She kept getting shushed. She eventually gave up.

She drummed her fingers on her thighs as she hummed. Maeve always sang. She loved singing.

"Hey guys?" Asked Maeve, casually.

"Hey guys, hello?"

No answer.

"Guys!"

Everyone turned to look at her.

"I called you thrice."

"What?" Asked Skylee.

"Did any of you do your maths homework?"

Oretha and Sydney shrugged. "I never do my homework." They said in unison, and burst out laughing.

"We had homework?" Asked Teresa, worried.

Teresa was the second oldest. She was tall, slim and tan. She had black eyes and long, luscious and beautiful black hair that everyone adored.

"Yes Teresa, we had homework," sighed Skylee.

Skylee was the fourth oldest. She was short, slim and very fair. She had dark blue eyes with her strong, brown curls reaching her waist. She was Teresa's best friend.

"Hey," said Oretha, looking at Skylee, "Can you just send the pictures of the work after you are done?"

Skylee sighed.

"Fine."

"And that my friends is why Oretha always fails." Smiled Maeve.

Everyone cracked up, even Oretha.
They each ordered something and talked some more before they decided to call it a night.

Aura took out the keys to her front door. She looked to her right when she heard slight rustles few yards away from her. It was a girl.
She knew that girl from school. She was awfully kind to them and seemed to just pop up with things that they needed. Once Teresa was thirsty and was about to head for the water fountain, when that girl just magically there handing her a water bottle.

Maeve doubted her, but Teresa being the one who always stayed positive said that she probably needed a friend.

They were kind to her but Maeve always got a bad vibe around that girl.

"Hey Leah," waved Aura.

"Hi," smiled Leah as Aura got in her house and closed the door behind her.

Leah's smile slowly turned into a smirk as she twiddled her fingers at Aura's house.

"See you soon."