Chapter 3

Aura's POV
It was dark and cold, but I was sweating abnormally. Everyone knew I sweat a lot when i was scared.

I didn't know where I was.
My head throbbed abnormally. I knew I had a cracked skull.

The last thing I remembered was walking to school and hearing someone running up to me from behind. When I had turned around, someone put a sack over my head and tied my hand. The next thing i knew, I was flung over a shoulder.

As I screamed for help, they put me down and kicked my head until I went unconscious.

I raised my hand to my head and touched my scalp. It was wet and sticky. Even through the bad lighting I met red slathered on my palm as I brought it down. I gagged. I hated blood.

Aura was a germaphobe and was always clean, so seeing blood made her very grossed out.

I was wondering where I was, when suddenly I heard footsteps. I looked up.

I saw a silhouette of a man. The gender was confirmed when the person started speaking.

"Our bait is awake."

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaking.

The man then came into view.
He was thin and had dark circles under his eyes. His brunette hair was matted to his head all the way back. His icy blue eyes screamed boredom. He looked at least around his forties.

"You won't know me," he said, in a deep and blood chilling voice. He crouched down in front of me, and opened his mouth to continue, "But you might recognise your friend here."

He turned around facing the doorway.

I looked too as someone stepped up. It was a girl.

My blood went *ting* BOIL TIMEE!!

I watched as steam poured out of my ears and my head started pounding out of anger as she smiled at me.

"Meet my daughter," he said, " Though i suppose you've already met."

"I should've known," I said, sitting up as the pain took ahold of my head with two humongous hands. " So this is why you've been with us all this time."

She smiled.

"If only you would've thought of this when you were out there. You should've listened to Maeve when you had the chance." She chuckled.
"Too bad you wont have the chance again." Leah said as she crouched down, like her father in front of me.

"Don't worry," she said, "You won't miss your friends much longer. They'll be here soon."

That did it.

I stood up ignoring the tug in my head of the humongous hands.
They tried to stand as well.

Too late.

I picked my leg and kicked Leah on the chin throwing her back and kicked her dad's head down, throwing him face forward.
I ran for the door.

CRAP!

It was locked.

I turned around and instantly felt a hard blow on my head.

I went unconscious again.