Chapter 1: The Mission

Bakugou and Shigaraki bicker on the couch of their hideout as Kurogiri stands behind the bar, ignoring the two as he cleans a glass.

"Why do I have to fucking do it? Why not just send some of the extras?" Bakugou screams angrily at Shigaraki, arms waving in the air for emphasis.

"I want to send an mc not one of the pawns! This is important for Sensei!" Shigaraki shrieks back.

Bakugou huffs as All for One is brought up, crossing his arms. "Fine, but only because he wants it down well and I'm clearly the only one who can make that happen," he smirks at Shigaraki, who scowls back.

"Tomura, Katsuki, please calm down. Sensei would not want his two sons to kill each other, would he?" Kurogiri cuts in calmly.

Both young villains turn their glares on Kurogiri. Bakugou stands dramatically and stalks toward his room in the living quarters. The living quarters lie on the opposite side of the room from the main door and is past the bar, rundown couch, and tv. "I'll go get fucking dressed, then, you bastards," he growls out.

As he enters the living quarters, Bakugou goes to the second door on the right which has been his room since he was rescued at five years old. Sure, it's not much, just a plain twin bed in the center of the room, perpendicular to the placement of the door, a dresser on the wall to the bed's right, in front of the door, a book shelf next to the dresser, and a desk opposite the bed, but it means a lot to him. His childhood doodles cover the walls with images of his heroes, not the ones society looks up to. They mostly depict Sensei, but there are also illustrations of the terrible people who drove Bakugou out of their home with their torture, his so-called parents. The desk is covered in papers from the daily studies Kurogiri puts him through and the book shelf is filled to the brim with books of all types. The room is kept very tidy as well, quite unlike the boy's explosive personality which some would describe as an all over the place mess

Bakugou steps over to his dresser and pulls his mission clothes out from the top left drawer. (Reference photo at top) Pulling on the outfit quickly and pulling the mask over his nose, Bakugou steps back out into the main room.

Shigaraki looks at Bakugou from where he lounges on the couch playing video games. "Hurry so you can get back and cook dinner," he says blandly, turning back to his game.

Bakugou rolls his eyes. "You would all starve without me," he calls over his shoulder as he leaves, Kurogiri wishing him good luck as he closes the door behind himself.

•••

Today should be a fun mission. He is going to assassinate some pro heroes as they leave a huge meeting about UA high school or some other bullshit since. Bakugou thinks. It does make sense since they were recently attacked at the USJ by Shigaraki, Kurogiri, he, and some of the extras. That was pretty fun and this'll sure be interesting, too.

The blonde casually walks down an alleyway, nearing his destination as weak criminals make way for him since they know him as Ground Zero, the explosion villain who kills and destroys everything in his path. The thought always makes Bakugou smirk with pride in his eyes.

As soon as he reaches the tall, regal looking building, he turns to a fire escape and climbs to the top of the building for a better vantage point. From here, he can try to spot the heroes through the windows and know right when they head for the exit,

Where he will knock out or kill them one by one before returning to kill the unconscious. It is a strategy that has never failed him.

Bakugou smirks to himself under his mask. This'll be fun, indeed. He snaps to attention as he spots movement through a window in the building opposite from where he crouches. His eyes narrow as he works to distinguish who the moving blob is. The blob turns and Bakugou realizes it is the gun hero Snipe. Bakugou found the room. Easy.