Chapter 2: Caught

Bakugou opens his eyes to a pure white room. He squints as the bright lights around him immediately hurt his eyes. He squirms to pull his head to the side to avoid the light, but he hears a clank tied to his movements that results in him opening his eyes wider than when he first woke. Bakugou attempts to sit up only to realize that it is impossible at the moment.

His limbs are all in massive cuffs, his wrists chained together, and each cuff is attached to a bedpost of the plain white bed that he is on. Bakugou's torso is also completely wrapped in sturdy, thick straps of nylon. He attempts to sit up and press against the strap that takes up his entire torso length, but it barely budges.

Bakugou then realizes there is something else odd on him. Around his neck. Oh no. Nonononononono. It's like back there again. They can't— no...

Bakugou stills as his mind drifts away from the present, back to his young childhood before he was saved by All for One...

A young child sits on the floor next to his bed, sobbing, tiny hands pulling at the band around his neck.

His mother had bought a quirk inhibiting collar to use on the newly turned four year old. The collar, however, only means pain for the child. He cannot protect himself when his mother enters his room, and the item was built with another function. Electrocution. Very strong electrocution.

A click is heard as the woman opens several locks from outside the room's door and glares down at the small, malnourished child as she steps inside the room. The child cowers at the sight of her.

"What the fuck are you doing down there?" she smiles. Even as she acts like he is behaving strangely, she takes pleasure in seeing the boy in pain, writhing on the floor, more than anything.

The child's eyes widen as he stares up at the approaching woman, trembling more as she nears and curling his body into the smallest ball possible.

"Why the fuck are you making eye contact with me, you little villain," his mother says with a glare as the child's eyes dart downwards.

The adult pulls a switch from her pocket, ignoring the pleading whimpers of the child at her feet as she flips the switch.

As electricity courses through his veins and his eyes leak the tears he is so good at pushing down at such a tender age, the child loses consciousness.

Bakugou hears something. He moves his leaking eyes, that were staring blankly at the ceiling, towards his side, where a small old lady is waving her hands, attempting to get the teen's attention. He notices another person next to her when their mouths move.

Bakugou can't hear them, though. His ears are filled with a static noise. He looks between the people before noticing more peering down at his from the base of his bed.

Bakugou's heart races like a frightened rabbit's as his tears become more abundant and flow down his face. He begins to breathe rapidly, hyperventilating as his eyes jump between each of the human figures and straining his body to wrench himself from the chains and straps holding him under the people.

Are they going to use the collar?

"Please," Bakugou cries out, shamelessly crying as he pleads, "please don't use th-the collar on me! I'll be g-good, I swear! Anything b-but the coll-llar, p-please!"

He breaks down, body limp, unable to fight against his constraints for any longer, giving up to the monsters around his bed as he sobs. He feels a hand touch his shoulder and his eyes go wide as he tries, ineffectively, to dart away from the touch.