Chapter 6

It was a pretty regular day and Hinoiri had lost some of her memories again in the past few days. It made me incredibly sad whenever this happened to her. She remembered how things felt like if she was happy, she didn't remember why she was happy, but she was.
I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help her with her memory loss but we both had lots of pending work to do at the Academy. I suddenly got summoned by Iruka Sensei to his office and I knew something was up. 'Doesn't happen that often, now that Boruto has graduated' I thought as I entered Iruka Sensei's office.
"Shino, you have to do to the police station. You have to give a statement for what happened to Hinoiri-san. Meet me once you come back." he informed me. I left for the police station and on reaching there, I saw that Hinoiri was already there.
She was already talking about it when I arrived and I sat beside her. She looked at me and smiled a little. She told the police everything that happened. The police assured her that something of this sort would never happen again to her or to anyone else.
"You were very brave to tell them everything without crying." I complimented her. She smiled at me, thanked me and we went to the Academy.
After a while it was lunch break and I still had to take 3 lectures. I was not bored of teaching, I never will be but I was tired. We decided to have lunch outside but when I met Hinoiri, she seemed to be in a really angry mood.
I asked her what happened and she told me about other staff members badmouthing me as a creepy-crawly bug guy.
I was flattered to see how angry she was because someone said something bad about me and I explained to her how it didn't matter. 'This is it. She likes me' I was more ecstatic than I should be but I called myself down with great difficulty.
"Other people's opinions are based on their perspectives and opinions" I told her. 'Everyone isn't as free as you. They can't choose to look at everything in a new way. You can change your perspective because you don't accumulate the experience' I thought as we walked in the park a little.
We were walking and I felt a presence behind me. So, I immediately stepped behind Hinoiri to protect her. Hinoiri turned around to ask me what happened but before she could, the branch Boruto stepped on snapped and he fell right on top of me while I in turn fell on Hinoiri.
I felt so embarrassed. 'She doesn't even remember that we had kissed and now these guys-' my thoughts stopped as I realized I wasn't just on top of her I-I-I had k-k-k-kissed her again, accidentally this time. I wasn't prepared for this. I got up immediately completely flustered yet maintaining my composure.
"You should be more careful, Boruto" I scolded him.
"But atleast because of me, you kissed your girlfriend! You should thank me, Shino Sensei!" He said while running away.
I sighed because there was nothing else to do.
"What a kid." I muttered under my breath. I was actually proud of what Boruto had become since the academy, but he was still the one to make all the mischief.
We talked for a while about how I felt sanity my student and how she was looking forward to her students being like that too, one day. We checked the time and rushed back to take our lectures.
After the lectures, I was assigned to interview parents of the, now Genin, batch of students. I informed Hinoiri about it. We walked home, I rested for a bit and then she left for something and wished me luck for my interviews as well.
After I while, I got dressed and I left for my interviews. I checked them and stacked them according to addresses so I could finish until evening.
"Cho-Cho, Sumire, Denki, Shikadai, Mitsuki, Namida, Sarada, Metal, Boruto, Inojin, Wasabi, Iwabe." I mumbled as I set on my way to conduct the interviews.
Cho-Cho's interview was actually not very time consuming which got me excited, but all the enthusiasm waned away at Shikadai's household.
I finally reached Boruto's house and Hinata greeted me with a chirp. The interview was fine but suddenly she said,
"Shino-kun, do you mind doing me a favour?"
"Ofcourse not. That's because we're teammates from team 8"
"Can you please wear this suit today after you finish your interviews?" She said as handed me a red and black three piece suit.
"O-o-okay. But I don't think this kind of clothing is for me." I hesitated a little.
"It's okay, Shino-kun." She said with her usual chirpy smile. "Just for today. Also, make sure Naruto-kun doesn't see you in that suit." She shushed and winked.
'She has planned something for her husband' I assumed and accepted it.
I did as she has asked me to. Once I had finished the interviews, I dressed up in the suit, in the evening and walked back home.
"Tadai...ma?" I was shocked to see my house decorated. Everything was candle lit, rose petals everywhere, balloons everywhere and a figure was standing right in middle of my living room.
I was confused as to who this was but this woman turned around and there was nothing else in the world. It was Hinoiri, her long brown curly hair down, backless skintight dress matching my shirt, high heels and a bold red lipstick. I gulped. I couldn't think of anything. I could just stare in awe.
She smiled and I knew there was nothing I could do to defend myself from her now.
"Shino-san," she took my hand and sat me on the couch. My heart racing and sweaty palms and dry mouth conveyed everything clearly.
"I want to give you the only thing I have" she said and my heart stopped.
She bought out an ukelele and started singing,
"You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much
You're the fear, I don't care
'Cause I've never been so high
Follow me through the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?" She ended, smiled at me, politely put her hand forward and asked, "Aburame Shino-san, would you be my boyfriend?"
I still couldn't speak anything because I was so dumbfounded by everything that she had done for me despite losing her memories. I got myself back and I knew I had do something in return.
I took her hand, said yes and rushed over to the speaker. I played some soft music and asked her, "May I have this dance?" She smiled and took my hand.
My body moved on its own. I pulled her in, grabbed her by the waist and swayed with her for a while. I interchanged positions with her and twirled her around. And just as the song was about to end, I lifted her up and spinned her around. I didn't know anything else in the world. Only us existed at this point of time. I only saw, heard, touched, smelled and felt her.
"Let's seal this agreement then?" She said and I teased a little.
She blindfolded me and sat me on something that felt like a satin bedsheet. My eyes were closed, so all my other bug senses were heightened. Her scent was intoxicating, her voice bewitching and her touch enchanting.
She slowly touched her lips to mine and I was in a dreamland. I touched her and felt her perfectly curved body. She led my hand to her jaw and other hand automatically went to her waist.
She sat on my lap and I pulled her in. She gasped a little and I felt her breath on my face. We continued kissing for a while and I knew this was time for our next step.