dix-huit

——————————————————————————

six months later

~time skip to the end of senior year

~
time skip to the end of senior year

     it was senior year. the whole group was reunited in another one of their picnics. this was a frequent thing for them. with all the craziness of SATs and college, their reunions where a break from reality.
      but this was one of the last ones. they had all decided where they were going to college, and, unfortunately, the group was going to spread across the country. there was only one person who hadn't decided where to go: ricky.
      that is, until now. "hey guys, i need to tell you something" he said grabbing everyone's attention. all of them turned towards him, and his girlfriend, who was laying on his lap, stood up and sat next to him "what's up bubs?" she said with a concerned tone.
     none of them knew much about what ricky had planned for college, not even nini. she worried constantly about this, but she knew that ricky was as invested in their relationship as she was, so she trusted him to make a decision and come talk to her about it. the only thing the group knew was that he wanted to stay close to his dad, so they assumed he was considering University of Utah.
     "okay. i know i haven't told you guys much about where i'm going to college, and i'm sorry for not telling you, especially you neens, you deserved to know" he grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze before continuing. "initially i was 100% sold on UofU, but big red told me something that completely changed what i wanted, and i thank him for that everyday" he smiled at his best friend who smiled back and nodded, telling him to continue.
     at this point, they were all very engaged in what he was saying. "ricky cut the suspense please" kourtney said, making everyone laugh. "okay. as of next semester i'll be attending the Boston University". as the news settled in , the whole group was quiet. they still didn't understand well what was happening. until ashlyn did "oh my god" she said, gasping very loudly.
     "UofU had a lot to offer me, but the main reason i thought about going there was my dad. that is until big red said 'is your dad really the person you wanna be close to' and he made me realize. it wasn't" he stopped looking at everyone else and turned directly at nini "it is you nini. i want to be close to you. that's why i applied there in the first place. when you told me you wanted to go to Berklee i instantly looked for colleges near that i could go too" he said looking in the girls eyes, that were now full of tears.
     ricky cleaned them up with his thumb. "you're going to Boston University for me?" she asked "yes and no. the college offers me everything i want, and it's also close to you. but the main reason i'm moving to Boston is to be with you" he said. the whole group was now in tears watching the scene unroll in front of them.
     nini had been so worried that they weren't talking about college and that it might ruin their relationship, but she didn't even know that ricky was planning to go with her. she tackled him in a hug, making him fall to the ground "i love you, you know that right. and i'll love you in Boston or in Salt Lake City, you don't have to go for me" she whispered to him "i love you too and that's why i want to, because i can't be without you for four years again" he whispered back "trust me i've thought a lot about this, i want to go".
      nini let go of him and helped him sit up "are you sure?" she asked him "yes nins, never been more sure of anything" he responded. so with the biggest smile on her face nini said "i guess we're moving to Boston then". the group erupted in excited screams, and conversations about what had just happened. meanwhile, nini and ricky were in their own world "i can't live without you either" she said before kissing him. ricky pulled away "good thing you don't have to" he said, before kissing her again.
     and right then and there was the happiest they've ever been. at least for now.

———————————————————————————and that's a wrap on this story

and that's a wrap on this story. i love writing this in a more twitter format! let me know what you guys thought about this story!!
my next one will be coming friday/saturday!!! be ready i love it
love you guys❤️ thank you for your endless support on this book. it has gotten so many reads very quick and i'm nothing more than grateful❤️❤️❤️