25

Pingting didn't take it back and said, "You take it. This is what Yangfeng gave me and should act as proof."

Zuiju answered. For a long time, there was no movement from her, only two eyes studying Pingting.

Pingting knew she was still worried and coughed once. "Zuiju."

"Hm."

"Go."

Zuiju answered. There was a slight sob in her voice. She slowly got up, her hand clutching onto the map and the luminous jade hairpin in the other. "Miss, I will go now." She hesitated for a long time and finally turned to leave.

Pingting watched her with open eyes, seeing her back view slowly disappear beyond the rocky area. She sighed in relief. She then considered struggling upwards to walk around and study the terrain but couldn't find any energy at all. She then thought about resting since she no longer had to hurry their journey. Pingting closed her eyes, her head against the rocks. Not long later, Pingting opened her eyes surprisedly after hearing the sound of footsteps on hay.

"Miss," Zuiju had returned, her hands full of berries. "I'll give you this." She carefully placed the berries in front of Pingting and stood up. She looked at Pingting for some time, before softly replying, "I really shall go this time."

"Zuiju," Pingting saw her back view, and couldn't help saying her name.

Zuiju hurriedly turned back towards her. "What's wrong?"

Pingting's clear eyes stdied her for a long time, before smiling. "Nothing much, you must be careful. The sooner you get down the mountain, the sooner you can relax."

"Hm, understood." Zuiju nodded her head.

This time, she really went.

The imminent war had suddenly been prevented by a private conversation between the Princess of Yun Chang and Chu Beijie. All had expected to see rivers of blood flow but it was suddenly stopped. The people who thought they had miscalculated the most were the masters of the other two countries.

They were also thinking of the time when the House of Jing-An's rise to fame, firmly grasping onto the military power as well as the King's favour. The King of Gui Le, He Su, barely sat on the throne for a year yet immediately framed He Xia for a revolt by tricking him into the Royal Residence the day of his trumphiant return.

Under such a rich scheme, the Ducal House of over hundred years of history was ruined in a single moment.

How could He Xia forget such hate?

When hearing Chu Beijie had assembled the Dong Lin army and was about to fight against the Prince Consort for a final, decisive battle to death, the King of Gui Le anticipated the event with such great joy and delight. It was too difficult to describe his excitement in words.

The army of Gui Le had been put on standby. The moment He Xia was defeated, Gui Le would immediately join the war and break through Yun Chang's checkpoints. Then, they would strike through to He Xia, the man who the King of Gui Le so bitterly detested, in one go.

Who knew that the Princess of Yun Chang would appear and completely destroy every single battle plan they had.

"It's not Princess Yaotian." The King of Gui Le got off the throne, stretching his muscles. He had already listened to army reports for half the day and finally dismissively added a few words of his own.

"King?" Le Di, an Elder Statesman, asked in surprise. "Is King saying that this report is wrong?"

"No, I'm saying that Princess Yaotian was not the one who made Chu Beijie withdraw his troops." The King of Gui Le raised his head towards the sky to sigh heavily. His expression seemed to have an unwiling loneliness in its depths. "It was Bai Pingting."