32

I refuse to let anyone steal my things and will never allow anyone to tarnish the House of Jing-An again.

I will not let the Royal House of Dong Lin and Gui Changqing, that damn old geezer, to bind my hands and feet.

I will not let my ambition be succumbed under Yaotian's tenderness or the throne.

No one is allowed to treat me like that.

Chu Beijie was now at the foot of the Songsen Mountains on his horse, after trailing behind the messenger. He looked up to see the majestic mountains seeming more mysteriously beautiful covered in white snow than usual.

Yangfeng was in these mountains.

Pingting should also be in these mountains.

Perhaps she was playing qin, or maybe reading, or softly singing about heroes and beautiful woman. As Chu Beijie gazed at the solemn mountains, he couldn't stop his heart from fluttering everywhere.

He was very eager to see Pingting indeed.

He longed to see her. The longing in his dreams was not enough to describe the howling longing he felt overall. It was insufficient to restrain his anxiety.

The messenger had been strictly ordered by Ruohan and was very careful to hurry on his way. He kept on looking back constantly to see if he was being tailed, but no matter how capable he was, there was no way he could detect such an expert at tailing like Chu Beijie.

Chu Beijie watched him from faraway until reaching the mountain where Ze Yin's secluded residence was located. He rode his horse up the mountain and finally saw dozens of wooden cabins hidden in the forest.

Chu Beijie began to dash forwards, but had yet to reach the cabins when several burly men suddenly jumped out from the side of the road. They shouted, "Stop! Do you know what this place is and still dare to loiter around?" Their swords were in their hands, cold light flashing. All of them were fairly skilled.

These threats were a trifling matter to Chu Beijie and he didn't care at all. Chu Beijie didn't defend or flee, he just sat on his hores as he looked around. He lowered his voice, "Tell Ze Yin that Chu Beijie has arrived."

"Chu Beijie?"

"Dong Lin's Chu Beijie?"

"The Duke of Zhen-Bei?"

"That's me." A determined smile escaped from Chu Beijie's lips. "I am here to pick up my Duchess—Bai Pingting."

The man with a heart as cold as ice who had led the Dong Lin army to battle in all directions, killing everyone, was now before their eyes?

Some people's hands shook so much that their swords almost fell to the ground.

"What are you being dazed for? Hurry and pass on the message." Chu Beijie got off the horse and sneezed once before stepping forwards.

Everyone was shocked by this and took several steps back, looking alert. This famous general had almost ruined their Main General, Ze Yin, in the battle of Kanbu, almost leading to the destruction of the entire Bei Mo.

A coward sobbed once before turning to report. The remaining people stayed on the spot, terrified, surrounding Chu Beijie with their spears. Everyone was staring at the preciious sword at his waist.

Rumours had that whenever the sword of the Duke of Zhen-Bei came out of its scabbard, rivers of blood were sure to flow.

Chu Beijie sat on his horse. He seemed to be like a general that had fallen from the skies, although he was fiercely glared at, his expression remained leisurely. A faint hint of joy was present on his face.