27

"Beijie, Beijie..." She widened her eyes, looking at the gray skies pressing closer and closer above her head. "Chu Beijie, where are you?"

Why are you not by my side?

If you appear before me right now, I swear to the skies that I will always always stay by your side and play qin and sing for you. As long as you hold my hands and say, "Pingting, I've found you", then I will forget everything. I will forget the war-torn skies and forget the heartless moon on the sixth.

I will pick up each of the shattered pieces of my heart on the ground, as long as you appear right now.

I really want to see you. I want to see you.

Didn't you say you love me?

Didn't you say you would hurry back? I racked my brains so that I could wait for the moon of the sixth to rise, yet I never saw your figure returning home.

I want to see you, just one gaze or even your shadow.

You know, there is no word that can express my despair.

You said the we swore to the moon, to never turn against each other. Can we never turn on backs against each other?

Can we really never turn against each other?

"I hate you.."

The gray sky in Pingting's eyes gradually became black as she felt the pain almost tear through her body. She dimly heard her voice cry out, hoarse and exhausted, "I hate you! I hate you!"

"I hate you! I hate you...."

She had used all of her energy in her cries, until she plunged into the deep darkness. She only vaguely realised that to hate someone, rather than forget them, was much easier.

Apart from Gui Le, there was still another army eyeing the armies of Yun Chang and Dong Lin.

After Ze Yin had resigned, retiring to a secluded residence, Ruohan succeeded the position of Bei Mo's Main General. He had accompanied Ze Yin for many years through civil wars and military exploits as well as the necessary characteristics, so his promotion was expected by all.

Ruohan led the Bei Mo army, waiting not far away from Yun Chang's borders. Bei Mo was almost destroyed by Chu Beijie in the last battle, so all of Bei Mo's generals viewed him as a grim reaper. If they could slip between the gaps between Yun Chang and Dong Lin, adding their own two cents in killing Chu Beijie, then naturally it would give great benefits to Bei Mo.

However...

"The battle has ended."

"Not ended, more like they didn't start at all."

"What's going on?"

Inside the advisory tent, Ruohan settled the army reports in his hands down onto the table. He then held his hands behind his back as he raised his head to look at the round ceiling of the tent.

"Main General?"

"Bai Pingting..." Ruohan seemed to be trying to remember it all, returning to Kanbu City back then. "Miss Bai, what on earth did you write in you letter to stop a battle? Ruohan has no idea whether to feel disappointment or admiration towards you." A wry smile appeared on his face.

Even now, he could still deeply remember that qin sound. The Kanbu city walls had been crumbling, a devastating condition, when Chu Beijie appeared with several thousands of elite soldiers outside the city. Then, at that very moment, he heard the most melodious music.

Bai Pingting positioned herself on a high palanquin. Her long sleeves directed the wind, flying lightly.

She saved Kanbu, saved Bei Mo. Or it could also be said that Ruohan promotion as Main General was all thanks to the plans she had set out in those days.