24| A Fun Date

Sapphire's POV 💙

For the next several months, me and Sonic became very close and inseparable.

We never left each other's sides and started living together.

Eventually, we decided to go out on a date tonight.

I was a few minutes late and behind schedule but I quickly caught up and got everything I needed before heading out to meet up with Sonic.

Once I arrived, Sonic was standing out in the cold, shivering a little until he saw me.

"Sapphire~! You're late! I've been standing out here in the freezing cold, waiting for you for minutes! And I was about to leave you behind too." Sonic whined as he walked up to me.

I sweat dropped a little.

"I'm really sorry about that. I almost overslept." I explained.

"Well, try getting up early next time...Okay?" Sonic replies as he rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Alright. I get it. You don't need to lecture me. I already know you don't like waiting..." I say before pulling out Sonic's jacket from my backpack and tossing it at him.

"...On the plus side, you should be lucky and happy that I brought your jacket along. Can't be out here without it."

He quickly caught the jacket and putted it on before zipping it up.

"Thanks." Sonic replies before he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

"No problem. That's the good thing of why I'm here for..." I say before chuckling a little.

Sonic nodded in agreement.

"So, what place do you wanna go first?" I asked him.

Sonic blushed a little before telling me where he wanted to go first.

"Okay...We'll go over there." I say before I began to blush too.

-Minutes Later-

After we were out, I never felt so embarrassed in my entire life.

Sonic was laughing hard after seeing my reaction before telling me the actual reason why we went in there.

"So, lemme get this straight...You wanted to go in there, just to see the look on my face?" I asked.

Sonic nodded before I punched him on the arm as he kept laughing.

"Don't do that again, you idiot." I replied before I looked away from him, still blushing from before.

"Sorr~y..." Sonic replied, chuckling a bit.

"Alright. It's my turn to pick out the place I want to go then..." I say before telling him where I wanted to go.

Sonic didn't seem bothered by that until he found out what books I was buying for him and myself.

When we walked out, I was laughing so hard, my stomach was hurting and I couldn't breathe.

Sonic's reaction was extremely priceless.

"Y-You didn't need to buy those..." Sonic mentions as he looked at me.

"That's what you get for taking me to that place, just to see my reaction." I say before I stuck my tongue out at him playfully.

For the rest of the date, Sonic and I had a fun time together.

Eventually, we headed home after checking the time.

Once we made it back, I took my jacket off and sighed in relaxation.

I noticed Sonic was having trouble trying to take his jacket off because of his big fingers.

I chuckled a little bit before I went over and helped Sonic take his jacket off.

"Thanks again, Sapphire..." Sonic mentions as he smiled before hanging his jacket up.

"No problem." I replied before I headed upstairs, showered, changed into my lounge clothes and sat down on the couch once I came back downstairs.

As Sonic sat beside me, I noticed that he seemed to want something from me.

I smiled and patted my lap, getting the message of what it is Sonic wanted.

After seeing my reaction, Sonic smiled before he lied down on my lap.