81| Finished With The Cure At Last

Sapphire's POV 💙

I sighed a bit as I remembered that memory.

But, all of that's in the past.

"So, how's the cure coming along, Tails?" I asked.

"It's turning out exactly like the way you wanted it, Sapphire..." Tails replied. "There were a few errors with it but, I got them fixed."

I smiled.

"Excellent!" I said before I resumed on where I stopped at.

"Soon, the cure will be completely finished and ready in no time, and we'll be able to put a stop to Shi's plan." I thought to myself.

As I was looking over the documents and data, I took out a pipet and got myself a few small drops of one of the blood samples, before putting it on the glass slide and looking at it under the microscope.

"Hm...This is strange but interesting..." I mumbled to myself as I took myself some more notes.

Then I took another few drops of the blood sample and putted it into the beaker before I added a small drop of the cure and mixed it with water.

I was lucky that my face was away from the beaker because at that moment, the contents in the mixture bubbled and started to eat through the beaker a little (like acid) before creating a small explosion.

"Tails, we got another error." I said as I looked over at him.

"What is it now?" He asked as he looked back at me, while scratching his head a little.

"I combined the blood sample and the cure with water and it created a chain reaction. It's not safe for Sonic to drink if the cure were to be ingested with water." I answered.

"Well shoot...I'll take care of that." Tails sighed. "Switch spots with me. I'll see what I can do to make the cure safe without it harming Sonic, in both physical and chemical wise."

"Alright..." I say before I took Tails' position.

After several hours later, the cure was finally finished at long last and is officially confirmed completely safe to drink, inject, or to coat something in.

"We did it, Tails. We finally did it..." I said before we high-fived.

"Yeah! Now, we don't have to worry and can wait until the perfect timing arrives." Tails replied as he letted out a relaxed sigh.

I nodded in agreement.

"How's Sonic and Chip? Are they both doing okay?" Tails asked.

"Yup! They're both fine but tired. Those two sleepyheads are getting plenty of rest. But, their faces are so peaceful and cute. Just like an angel's." I answered as I started gushing in adore at the thought of those two.

Tails chuckled a little at my response.

"I'm glad to hear that." He says.

I nodded.

"Yeah. Me too." I sighed. "Sonic's been sleeping a lot. But, I don't blame him for being tired after all of what's happened.

Especially, since after Chip was born and had made us a family now...I really wasn't expecting a situation like this to occur."

"Well...As the old saying goes, "Expect the unexpected", right?" Tails went before he chuckled a little.

"Of course..." I say before we stood up and stretched the tiredness out of our bodies as we yawned a little. "I'm gonna go check on Sonic and see if he's doing alright."

"Okay. I'll go on ahead and fix myself something to eat. I'm starting to get hungry anyways."

I smiled at Tails' response before we did what every scientist does after finishing with the experiments and research.

I kept the documents, notes, and all of the research putted up in a file cabinet though, just in case we might need them again in the near future.

Then I headed upstairs to see how's Sonic doing since the last time I saw him 9 hours ago.