X [Rewritten]

ACT II. THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL

-Author's POV-

The last few days, Erin has been trying to apologize over and over again, but (Y/n) refused to hold any conversation with him no matter how much he tried to get her to talk to him. She tried her best to avoid encountering him anywhere on the schoolgrounds, but for some reason, the fucker seems to be anywhere she was.

In the hallways, in the bus, he was in the cafeteria when she was there, and would leave when she leaves; heck, the only place he haven't appeared in yet was her apartment.

Erin's feeble attempts were starting to get in (Y/n)'s nerves and it didn't went unnoticed by Alice and Satoshi. They would try to stick by (Y/n)'s side like glue wherever she went in order to drive Erin away from her. It worked well.

She started to hang out with Aaron a lot too despite the rumors circling around them. He was a nice, sweet guy despite the fact that he was also Erin's friend, a bit of a flirt sometimes but still a good friend. Though, he tends to be a bit clingy and protective towards her especially when some Erin fangirls decides to bother her.

Well, it was a good thing on her part. They started leaving her alone, though, it was mostly because her break up with Erin was announced to the whole school by Dianne herself - the girls didn't really find any reason to bother (Y/n) anymore.
The reason of the break up was never shared to the public as much as (Y/n) wanted everyone to know just how much of a jerk Erin really is - but, who would believe her anyways? Sure, some of them would believe her, but most would assume that she was just salty about the break up. Everyone saw Erin as a goody two shoes, disney prince charming. If she were to accuse him of cheating, she would only receive backlash. She wouldn't want to stain her reputation any further, she wanted a peaceful and drama-free school life.

It was currently break and (Y/n) was with her friends like always, discussing things about the prom since it was already the day before the awaited prom.
Satoshi had abandoned Dianne as his partner for the prom after the cheating incident with Erin and was now going with (Y/n) to the dance as friends. Dianne, of course, didn't mind and went on her way to ask Erin out to the prom in which he agreed (hesitantly).

     "Oh, (Y/n), I almost forgot. I have good news for you." Satoshi randomly blurts out in the middle of their conversation, catching the attention of the mentioned girl. She looks over to him and gave him a raise of a brow as if telling him to get on with it. And get on with it he did.

     "I managed to convince my sister into letting you borrow one of her dresses for the prom. I actually have it in my bag right now, let me just.." Satoshi trails off as he removes his bag from his back, hastily zipping it open and sticking an arm inside.
He shuffled through his bag for a bit before he finally pulls out the item that he was initially looking for. It was covered in black plastic so (Y/n) and Alice was unable to see what the item was.

     "Here you go." Satoshi zips his bag close and once again slung the straps on his shoulders before handing the plastic over to (Y/n).
She took it and immediately felt something soft inside, something that she assumed was the dress that Satoshi's sister lent her.

(Y/n) silently gawked at the item even though she couldn't exactly see the dress yet. She could feel her heart filling up with excitement. Who wouldn't feel excited to wear a dress? Especially when she haven't worn one ever since she was around 5 or something. Dresses weren't exactly cheap.

     "Thank you, Satoshi! I'll make sure to wash it before returning it to you." (Y/n) exclaimed happily, like a kid on a sugar rush, hugging the package close to her chest. The sight of her so happy made Satoshi's eyes soften as a slight smile grace his lips.