Ch. 2 ♡

" Dear Cameron Dallas,
I woke up and smiled right away. I got to see you today. I love seeing you smile and laugh, even if school isn't the happiest place for everyone. You still continue your day without a frown, and making me fall in love with you even more."

I closed my diary. I really didn't want to go to school, but there wasn't a choice either. My sides ached. I walked over to my bathroom and took pain relievers, hoping it would go away soon. I walked downstairs, which was noisy and messy– the kitchen was covered in flour and food dye. My mom was mixing something and my dad was on his computer. Adrian continued to throw the flour on the floor and Audrey was fixing her hair in the mirror. I sighed and grabbed a gronola bar from the pantry.

"I'm leaving!" I shouted over the noise.

I stepped outside and then realized it was raining. Which wasn't surprising to me, it rains all the time.

"Need a ride?"

I saw Cameron in his car smiling at me. I quickly nod my head 'no' and walked back inside. My cheeks were burning and I felt dizzy already.

"Something wrong Alex?" My mom asked.

"No.. Can you give me a ride today? It's raning and I don't want to walk this time," I darted my eyes down to the floor. I didn't want my mom to ask questions.

"Of course. Let me find my keys."

My mom didn't look that much like me. She had short hair, little bit past her ears, freckles, and hazel green eyes. She had a skinny figure– in my opinion– and she was extremely tall, about 5'9. I had long hair and never really wanted to cut it since the cancer treatment. I didn't have freckles, or hazel eyes;just had regular brown eyes, and I'm perfectly fine with that. My mom and I have our differences. It didn't stop us from bonding. She's really social and has a love for talking, her job includes giving speeches to hundreds of people each day. I keep to myself all the time if you haven't notice.

"Why didn't you want to walk today?" My mom asked.

"I don't know. I felt out of energy today."

"You don't have to go to school−"

"No! I mean, no. I have to. I have an important test today." I turned the opposite way. I didn't mean to yell, I just didn't want to miss school.

She looked over at me and sighed. "Okay then."

My mom kissed me goodbye and I walked into school.

"I'll open the door for you."

I turned around, and again to see Cameron. I turned back around and walked into school without saying anything. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't want to sound like an idiot either. I walked to my first period, which was math class.

"Morning Alexia," Mr. Warren said. "How are you doing this rainy morning?"

"I'm good," I smiled and help him pass out the papers he had graded. Everyone either had a F or C- on the test. I felt guilty because it's senior year and everyone's just trying to pass, and Mr. Warren is making it harder for everyone except his favorites.

"Did you know you're my number one favorite Alexia?" Mr. Warren asked me.

"No Mr. Warren. But I appreciate that."

"You should," He chuckled.

I laughed and took a seat. The bell sounded, meaning it was time for class. Everyone rushed in to look at their tests.

"What the hell? I stayed up all night to get a fucking C?" Mia yelled. She teared her paper in half and threw it away.

"I was going to say if you got it signed by your parents I'll bring it up one letter grade, but it doesn't seem to matter to you," Mr. Warren said.

Mia's eyes widened. She ran back to the trash can to recieve her torn test. I laughed, it wasn't to be mean, it was funny to me. I looked to my left side and saw Cameron staring at me. He realized I noticed him staring and smiled at me. I turned red and looked back to Mr. Warren.

He probably thinks I hate him.

"Since most of you don't put in any effort at all, I decided to make a task. It's a math task of course," Mr. Warren explained. "It's a 8 paged packet that is a year advanced in what you are learning now. I expect this to be done a week from today. You can start on it now. Each point is counted as extra credit– they'll go towards your test grades, which are 70% of your grade by the way."

"What? Are you crazy?" Mia asked.

"Yes, actually. I went to a mental instution when I was 11 years old. Turns out I wasn't crazy, but I've seen terrible things there," Mr. Warren smiled.

Mia kept quiet and worked on her packet. The packet wasn't hard, the first 5 pages are reviews from the beginning of the school year and the rest are things we learned on the test, just bigger numbers and more work. I don't understand why people don't like math, I loved it.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I looked and it was him again.

"Look, I know you don't like me, but I really need to pass this class. You're the only person I know that is kind enough to help me.. So, will you?" He asked.

I didn't want to embarass myself infront of him, so I just nodded.

"So you'll help me?"

I nodded again.

"Thank you so much. I'll just come around your house after school," Cameron said, "um– I'm not a stalker. I saw you walking out this morning."

I turned back around and worked more on my packet.

Alex, you looked like an idiot nodding.

The bell rang, telling us to move onto second period.

"Alex!"

Cameron tried catching up to me. I panicked and walked to the girls restroom– I can't face him. I think it's better if we stuck to the packet, that's it. I walked out of the restroom and saw Cameron locking hands with Mia.

I sighed and walked to class.

Like I had a chance with him anyways.