Ch. 10 ♡

Cameron's Point Of View

When I got the news that Alex was in the hospital, I didn't have to think twice. I drove over there in the middle of school and visited her.

I walked into her room. I saw her body laying on the bed, fast asleep. I grabbed her hands, there were ice cold, but that doesn't mean they weren't her hands. I held them tight and pulled out a red rose. I looked her, her beautiful face. Her face may of looked pale, and she may of looked dead, but she still was beautiful.

"Alexia Celeste Abernathy, if this is our final goodbye.. I'm going to be honest. I'm not ready. I'm not ready to give up this soon, I'm not ready to say goodbye. But if you are ready... I'm thankful for our time together, Alex. I'm thankful I got to know you before you left, I'm thankful I fell in love with you. I wouldn't want to fall in love any other way."

I waited for her to do something, to twitch or to gasp for air, but she stayed still. Will this be the last time I get to see her alive?

Alex's hand moved. Then she tried to move her feet and then her arm started to move.

"Alex!"

Her eyes shot open and she faintly smiled, "Hi Cam."

Her voice was weak and she couldn't squeeze my hand like I was doing to hers, but I'm overly happy that she came back.

"Excuse me, sir. Coming through."

Someone pushed me from Alex and took her hospital bed.

"Hey wait!" I called after them. They ignored me and led her to the surgery room. I stopped in my tracks. I knew I couldn't go in there, and if I tried it would be useless.

I slowly walked back to her hospital room and sat down where her bed was. I started crying my eyes out. I didn't care who heard or who was judging me.

"Oh Cameron, you're here.."

I looked up and saw Mrs. Abernathy holding a box followed by her other kids who had gifts. I stood and wiped my face, giving her a friendly hug. She was pretty tall.

"Where's Alex?"

I looked down at the floor. "She woke up and took the doctors took her to surgery. I guess they were waiting for awhile."

"Well.. We'll just wait in the room then. I brought something for you."

Mrs. Abernathy handed me the box and leaves with her kids. I sat back down and it. It was filled with notes. There was a thick medium sized pale blue diary with a lock on it. I searched the box frantically. No key.

I got up and ran back to my car. I drove to Alex's house and rang the doorbell. Mr. Abernathy opened the door with a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Oh. Cameron. Come on in."

"I just need to get something for Alex. I'll be quick, no bother."

I ran up the stairs before he could say anything. I looked around her room. I searched her desk, nothing. I searched her closet, then her drawer and saw a bright gold key.

I took the key and drove back to the hospital's waiting room. I turned back around and saw Mrs. Abernathy crying and Audrey and Adrian hugging each other.

Mrs. Abernathy looked at me and hugged me. My eyes started to water and my knees felt weak. Everything around me seemed to blur out, I foucused on the door ahead. The same door that Alex had to go into. I tried to push myself to get up, but it was no use.

I already lost her.

I got up and ran to her hospital room. I got out her diary and unlocked it. I read the last page she wrote, the last one before she died.

" Dear Cameron,
Thank you, for everything. I appreciate everything that you did. All things you stood up for, just for me. I didn't think I was going to be anyone to you. I thought you didn't even knew I existed. But, thank you Cameron Alexander Dallas. I love you.

-Alex "