Ch. 4 ♡

" Dear Cameron Dallas
I'm sorry if you still think I hate you. I hear you and your friends talking about me all the time, I'm like that to everyone. Especially someone I'm in love with. I don't think Mia is the right one for you. I'm not going to go jealous and talk about how much better I would be. She doesn't appreciate having you falling for her. She doesn't appreciate the things you're doing for her, she doesn't love you. She loves Nash. I'm sorry if you ever read this and find out. But I can't lie to you Cameron."

I locked my diary and placed it where it always is. It was finally Friday, everyone's favorite day of the week. It wasn't sunny and hot like California, but foggy and cold in Washington. I put on my scarf and boots before I walked to school. I stepped outside, it was colder than I thought.

You're such an idiot for walking in the cold.

"Hey, I'm not gonna ask you if you want a ride, but I don't want you to freeze your ass off."

Why is he always there?

Cameron got out of his car and opened the door for me. I sighed and got in. The heaters warmed my freezing face and body. He got back in the car and smiled. My shoulders turned to the window and watched how people were jogging, walking their dog, and watering their plants.

I wish I had the confidence to go up and talk to people. I wish I didn't think of embarrasing myself and make friends. I loved hearing and opening to others. I loved talking about life, and the things I stumbled into, but still am here. I'm just scared of rejection, I guess. I'm scared that if I try to talk to someone, they'll push me away. They'll make fun of me for trying and I'll be the latest gossip.

"Why do you hate me?"

I widened my eyes. Why would he say that? The boy I write letters to, the boy that I'm in love with, thinks I hate him?

"I don't hate you.. I'm just shy around people. I don't have any friends. I really don't know how to act around people," I cleared up.

"Then lets be friends. Let's get to know each other."

"I don't know.."

"I want to get to know you Alex. I really do," Cameron looked at me. Luckily we were parked already and he wasn't driving.

Cameron's eyes sparkled, and no, they weren't like the ones in anime. He looked like a little kid asking his mom if he can buy a Star Wars toy.

"Okay. Hi, I'm Alexia Abernathy. I prefer to be called Alex," I held out my hand for the stranger to shake.

"I'm Cameron Alexander Dallas. I prefer to be called Cam," He took my hand a shook it.

"I'm very fond of your middle name Cam," I complemented.

"Thank you Alex. I like your name. Would you like to hang out today after school?"

"Yes I would."

Cam and I laughed, we sounded like rich, privileged people. He opened my door for me, letting me out of his warm car.

"Thank you, Cam."

He smiled and walked over to his friends. I sat in Math class wondering off into my thoughts.

Alexia Celeste Abernathy, if he falls in love with you, it's all your fault.