Ch. 13 ♡

Cameron's Point Of View

I closed the car door and waited outside for Charlotte and Travis to get out of school. The bell rang and hundreds of laughing kids ran through the corridors.

Charlotte ran into my arms as Travis trotted behind. I took both of their hands and walked them into the car.

"Daddy, can we go get hot chocolate?" Charlotte asked while rubbing her hands together. I looked outside and saw that it was about to rain.

"Yeah, okay." I said and started driving towards a café down the street.

"Dad! Today this girl was going to take my juice pouch−" Travis started.

I smiled and turned left, halfway to the café. All of the sudden, something came crashing through the side. Screams and yelling were heard, glass shattering.

I tried to open my eyes, but when I did, all I could seem to see was red.

"Sir? Can you hear me?"

I opened my eyes fully this time to find a woman holding a clipboard. I looked around me and saw balloons, flowers, teddy bears, and a whole bunch of other things.

"Where am I?" I asked and started to stand up.

"You were in a car crash a few weeks ago," The nurse said. "We saw you moving and the doctor's orders were to help you wake up."

I grunted and looked at the pictures, widening my eyes. "Charlotte."

I quickly got up and pushed the nurse out of the way, running to the desk in the front while my machine followed behind me. I slammed on the desk, startling the man.

"Charlotte and Travis Dallas."

The man quickly typed on the keyboard. "Room 516"

I ran into the elevator, frantically pushing the fifth floor button. I ran out and found their room at the end of the hallway.

I walked inside, seeing my two kids laying on their hospital beds. I sat down next to Travis, seeing the cuts and bruises on his face.

I took his hand. "I'm sorry Travis." A tear slipped down my cheek. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

The two heart monitors were beeping, like music.

Everything felt familiar, like I've been here before. I shrugged the feeling off and went to go sit next to Charlotte.

Her heart monitor wasn't beating as fast as Travis's, it was behind by a second or two.

"Please, baby girl." I said and took her hand into mine. "Please don't leave me."

The beeping continued slower, and slower, and slower, until a stop.

"No." I sobbed into my hands. "No, no, no, no." I stood up and called the nurse, who rushed in with doctors and took Charlotte into a different room.

"This isn't real." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Please, this can't be real. Please don't do this to me again."

I looked over at Travis, who was still asleep. I walked over to him again.

"I promise you." I kissed his forehead. "Your sister is going to survive."

I gasped and opened my eyes, looking at everything around me. I was at the hospital, again, but instead sitting on a chair, holding a red rose.

I walked up to the hospital, seeing Alex with closed eyes. Her heart monitor was going steady, considering she just came back from having surgery.

I smiled and kissed her forehead, then placing the flower on the table next to her. I tried to shrug off the dream I had, but it wasn't an easy thing to do.

"I should go get some food for Alex," I thought to myself. "Just incase she wakes up today."

I stood up and made me way to the door, but I heard someone mumbling behind me. I rushed over to Alex who was newly awaken.

"You stayed," She said weakly.

I smiled and held onto her hand.

"I never left."

{A/N:} THE END :)

So yeah, Alex never actually died. The dream began after Alex was put into surgery, and Cameron was waiting for her to wake up.

I have news! I'm starting a book SERIES! This story is book #1 of the series. It will be in the same time as Cameron and Alex's story, the same school, and the same people. The stories will have different main characters (obviously) and well, you'll find our when I post the next book!

I really enjoyed making this book and I'm so sad that it's finished :( oh well, now I have a whole other series to work on!

-Author💋