Chapter 3

I glare at the princess and walk out of my hiding place to gain a clear view of the boys. They look the same as I look similar to the princess.

The Prince nods his head. "Princess, we didn't notice you at all. I am deeply sorry about that." He walks over and kisses my wrist.

I see the peasant boy flushing. "Knuckle, idiot..." He mumbles furiously.

I look at the Prince, knowing I do not want to wake up from this dream. It will be exciting to cause some mischief. "It's okay. You have nothing to be sorry about." I remove my hand from his and cross my arms.

My copy waltz over to the Prince's copy and urge him to stand.

He sticks his hand out to the armored lady. "I am Michael." He sucks in a breath. May I tour the Princess throughout the kingdom?" He stammers. "I know the King rarely allows Princess Bastia to leave the castle."

I wait for Bastia to respond when I realize I'm the acting princess. "Ummm... Sure," I said.

The grey-eyed prince smiles. "Thank you for accepting, Princess Bastia." He offers his arms and I link mine with his.

Michael looks at me with longing, thinking I am Bastia. Look beside you! Take the princess brat!

I listen to their conversation in the back as Michael tries to copy the prince's actions. I could feel like Bastia blushing to be close to Michael. "So, what do peasants do in their everyday life? As the Princess's guard and lady-in-waiting, I do not seem to have the time to prance around and have fun," she blurts out to Michael.

He looks at her. His eyes widen. "Really? That can't be! So, you have never been to Sir Garlin's chocolate palace?!" He exclaims. "I must take you there right now!"

I chuckle softly as I eavesdrop. I smile at the blooming friendship. Hopefully, my matchmaking skill allows their blooming friendship to grow into something more.

"They seem to be happy with one another," the Prince observes, waling slowly, yet comfortably.

"Yes, very much so," I reply, cautious of the language and accent used here. "I must say, what is a prince doing here when he could spend his days lounging in a castle!"

"Why the same reason a princess went out with a so-called lady-in-waiting with a fake princess accent," he says while he grins.

I gasp. "You know all this time!" I think about sliding my arm off of his when he holds onto me tightly.

He laughs. "Please, wait... I don't mean to scare you. What made you switch with Princess Bastia?"

"Well, Princess Bastia wanted to switch and feel a day of being a knight, so I gave her a chance to have fun for a while. What's wrong with that?" I mumble, looking away from his striking grey eyes.

He charmingly smiles. It holds a sense of pride and admiration. "Nothing is wrong with that. I appreciate it that you did that to a friend."

We arrive at the chocolate store where I use the King's money to buy all of us some sweet delicacy. Bastia moans in delight as she eats a croissant with chocolate inside.

I take a bite of the bread. My eyes widen. I have to agree with Michael! This is delicious!

We converse about normal peasant life. Bastia roars in laughter. She acts differently without this annoying dress on her. She is like a happy teenager with happy dreams.

Bastia turns into a free female.

As the sun sets, Michael leads us to a pretty bridge. We all stay staring at the pond.