Chapter 10

"Blaire! Blaire! You have to wake up now!" a sweet, familiar voice urges. Soft hands shake me gently.

I open my eyes to the world I live in. Organized structured houses, perfect trees, and Mr. Garrison's supposedly moving flowers. Fake grass curls and pokes my fingertips.

Ms. Kaitlyn's figure came into my view. I look at her with confusion. "Ms. Kaitlyn? Where am I? I was knocked out by some people injecting me with some liquid. It might sound crazy, but right now, I am supposed to bein a dream. Why are you here? Why am I back to where I started?" I ramble. I sound like a madwoman, but with a confusing world, I believe I have a free ticket to the train of madness.

Ms. Kaitlyn's gaze falls to her hands. "No, you are not crazy at all, child," she said. "This might come to you as a surprise. I was thinking of telling you before when you came to the library every day..."

Another secret? I crawl towards her desperately. "Please tell me what is happening," I plead. Why is the world around me the same place I was in? Is this a trap?

"The world you know since you were young is my world. I am a version of you..." Ms. Kaitlyn whispers. "My real name is Brianna Kaitlyn Husson."

My eyes widen. My shoulders slouch, making me smaller than I was before.  "So, wait..."

"Yes, you have been living in my dimension since you were a child. I know what happens to you because this dimension shows the person's future," she said, solemnly.

"You've been to my situation before. You've done the same things, too..." My eyes brighten. "Then, you can help me! Just tell me how to fix everything!"

She shakes her head. "Not exactly. My actions and choices differ from yours and will only change once you reach my age. I am preventing your future from turning into mine. Open your eyes to your life."

"My life? How would I do that? Scientists drugged me and now I am back to the same place where I started!" I look at Ms. Brianna with pleading eyes. "You have to help me..."

She frowns. "Wake up and go back to your dimension. You have been asleep for too long. Change your destiny. Let me tell you one thing... A man with brown hair and grey eyes will cause something you can never forgive. But don't let it affect you. Put your whole trust and everything will fall into place. Don't make the same mistake as I did..."

The scene starts to shift. Thunder and lightning booms across the darkening sky. I hold on to Ms. Brianna. "Please don't leave yet! I don't understand anything!"

A bittersweet smile curls on her face. She hugs me back. "Just believe in yourself. I know you can do it, Blaire, because I am you."

After a few seconds, I respond, "And you are me."

I will myself to wake up. Something I have never done before.

The thunder becomes louder now than before. The life I lived in all my life starts to disappear like paint on walls. All the lies, deceit, and pain wash away like it never existed.

I look at the lady who handed me the book that led me to Mallory. The lady who guided me into a path the moment I stepped into her sanctuary. The lady who supported all my endeavors and journey throughout different worlds and stories. "Thank you, Ms. Brianna, for everything."

I close my eyes and inhale several times.