Chapter 6

I wave goodbye to my loving parents who wear their typical white doctor coats. They go to the corporate building as medical workers, treating all the scientists who try to find a cure for cancer and other mental diseases.

I walk around the neighborhood to clear my mind. Different dimensions? Parallel universes? The brave and cute brown-haired guy who can fight? Everything clicks into place as I finally understand more about this dream-traveling power I possess.

Who else has this ability? Was it just the boy and me? Are there more? I stop walking when I realize I forgot to ask his name! I grip my hair in frustration. How in the world would I know now?!

I walk onwards and mutter to myself. A tall shadow came blocks my vision, making me bump into a hard wall. "Ouch!" I exclaim, rubbing my forehead. I look up to see a man in a business suit with light blue eyes and gelled hair. "Oh, sorry! I was not looking my way, sir."

His eyes glance down and nod softly. The strands of his hair bounce with his movements. "Have you been to the library recently? Do you know if Brianna still works there?"

I tilt my head in confusion. "I...I only know one female working in the library. Do you mean Ms. Kaitlyn?" I ask.

His body freezes, and he falls silent. "So that's what she calls herself now..." He whispers to himself. His hands scratch the back of his neck and grin down at me. " A slip of the tongue. Thanks, kid." The man walks speedily to the library.

I watch him stiffly keep his arms to his side as his legs trudge forward like it is made of metal. What a weird guy. Hopefully, Ms. Kaitlyn can deal with him.

I walk down the streets, away from the library. It feels awkward for me to see the guy again. I enjoy the fresh sun as my thoughts swallow me in more questions about my powers.

Giddily, I run back home. It won't be too bad to take a short nap before continuing work, right?

-🏙-

"Back so soon?" the guy asks with a smile.

I smile back. "I couldn't wait. Even for the short time we spend in every dream, I couldn't stop thinking about someone else having the same powers as me."

His smile widens. "I realize I never got to introduce myself after I previously thought you were Bea." He shrugs sheepishly as I notice a light blush on his cheeks appears. "I am Mallory." He sticks his hand for a handshake.

I shake it. "I'm Blaire."

Mallory nods. "You are like her. Confident, a fighter... She is your version of this world." He shakes his head. "Well, later this evening my group will attack secretively at the enemy base in the North quadrant of the city. If you would like to join the rebellion, I would add another spot in my group."

I smile and nod. "Sure! Count me in!" I declare.

"Good. Let me introduce you to the others," he said, gesturing outside his office.

As I walk out, a huge group of people crowds close to the door.

"She's back!"

"She looks like Bea!"

"Bea is alive!"

I hear excited whispers traveling through the crowd's united voice. Their hushed tones grow louder as their interest in me grows.

Mallory clears his throat. "Everyone, give a warm welcome to Blaire! She will join us in our next fight!"

The teenagers cheer as if they are Lost Boys and I am Wendy. Mallory looks down at me with a smile. "Now that we have two powerful leaders, we can end this era of teenage oppression and live a life with freedom and justice!"

The crowd cheers once more, adoring their strong leader. Some whistles or call out my name. I notice a few faces from the bullies in my community, but here, they seem to be far happier.

"Let's meet again in two hours to discuss and finalize our strategy for tonight. It will end with a bang!" The brown-haired boy raises his fists. "No more suffering! No more pain!"

"Mallory and Blaire! Mallory and Blaire!" The audience chants.

Through this event, I feel out of place. Everyone exerts energy of excitement as I stand like a weirdo with her arms on the side. I clear my throat and copy Mallory's fists. "YEAH!" I shout.

The whole crowd cheers even more.

A smile creeps up my face. "Let's plan our attack war, shall we?"

He loops my arm around mine. "We shall."

Three close teens to Mallory walks behind us to his office. I nod at them, showing confidence I never thought I had.