11

"L-Luke?" I ask, my voice trembling. His arms squeeze me closer towards his body. I snuggle into his chest and let out a few tears.

"I-I'm sorry," he says to me. My heart squeezes at his tone of voice.

He sounds so broken.

"H-How l-long?" I ask him. I feel a tear fall and land on my hair. Sudden wetness causes me to flinch.

"I d-don't know, I found out when I was 13. I always used to ask my mum who Rose was, she would always reply with an 'I don't know her' and I would get confused because I see her walking around the house. She helps my mum cook and fold washing. My mum took me to a doctor and he told my mum I have Schizophrenia. I never understood what that means and I still don't. Rose doesn't think there is anything wrong with me." Luke tells me.

He looks forward and I see his face getting angry. His eyebrows furrow as he shouts.

"She will always be here for me!" I feel my heart jump because I know he's talking about me.

-Luke-

Rose appears in front of me. Her dark blue eyes are filled with fury

Why are you hanging out with her?

Because I can!

She'll leave you, and she'll hate you forever!

She will always be here for me!

Yeah right, what happened to us against the world? Huh Lukey?

Don't ever call me that again!

Rose walks over to me and bends over. She whispers in my ear.

I don't like that you're hanging out with her,

She has a name

"Luke? Who are you talking to?"

"What do you mean? Rose is in the room with us? Rose? What is Grace talking about?" I ask Rose. Rose smiles at Grace, but Grace completely ignores her.

Doesn't she like me?

I don't think so.

She's making me upset Lukey

Rose's eyes fill with tears.

Don't cry Rose.

Rose stops crying and her face turns red.

We should leave Luke, I want to go home with you.

Okay.

I get up and walk out of Grace's bedroom.

"Luke?! Where are you going?" I hear Grace shout behind me.

"Rose and I are going home." I say and walk out the door. I grab Rose's hand and I walk out with her.