"Gone."

Saiki was on the way home, his brows unnoticeably knitted. His lips pursed even straighter.

He didn't know why but he knows he was feeling unwell. Somewhere for sure.

Saiki, for the first time, wanted to consult someone. However, he didn't know who.

Just then... he thought of Ayama.

She was... the most objective person. Maybe she can help him figure it out. Saiki had a feeling she was someone capable. A slight curve on his lips as he continued to walk.

His walking speed slightly increased.

Since Ayama wasn't at the school, he should probably head to her house first since she was his neighbor.

Even if she didn't come to class, she might be home, right? Even if she's sick, then he'll just leave and ask next time, so he can see first.

He reached the house.

But Ayama was not home.

Saiki's discomfort kept growing.

It seems that, even here, he wasn't able to see her. There wasn't even a shadow of her here.

He stood in front of her house for a moment to think.

He didn't know much about her. Or he probably knows close to nothing at all.

She was popular just after her few weeks at school but she was more mysterious than anyone.

It shouldn't have mattered.

But now he doesn't know where to find her.

He didn't even know whether she has a relative.

Maybe she flew back to her home country?

He suddenly thought of how Ayama was very obscure.

Aside from school and various department stores, she had only gone to a game store.

He knows because she was always home and would sometimes talk with his mom.

On the weekends, it's either she was trying to accompany Kaidou or staying home.

He knows because he like the cozy atmosphere of her home. It was peaceful and quiet, perfect for a short break. There was even a free sweets. It was his haven.

Now, he was filled with irritation that she was not in her home.

Saiki thought it was dissatisfaction.

To what...

well, maybe because he wasn't able to know what's wrong with him...

He used his psychic powers once again, only to find that he really wasn't able to know where she is.

He tried to use psychometry, to see if there was some traces of her leaving.

He only saw a glimpse, it was night when she left.

>>>

The next morning...

Ayama felt different.

She didn't act strange at all. It just felt different.

Saiki knew, for some reason, that she didn't go home yesterday.

She just showed up this morning, with the whole new demeanor. She was aloof and elegant that while looking with her expression, you might fell in deep thought.

Aside from greeting everyone with the same smile, she was probably quieter than usual.

When she was in a trance, the others admiringly thought that what she's probably thinking something beyond their understanding.