Night's Dream

The two of them have spent the remaining time of the day to play and unknowingly, it was time for Saiki to go home.

Just a few minute walk, just across her home was his.

"Oh Kuu~ you're home~ how was school? Did you have fun?" Kurumi sweetly asked his son as she prepared their dinner. She was the same as usual, brimming with energy and gentleness. Saiki smiled lightly, nodding as a greeting to his mother.

Saiki headed to his room, his face stoic as usual. However, a very inconceivable pink hue scattered on his face once he reached the door. Earlier, he and Ayama played the game for quite a long time.

Kurumi blinked her eyes before she let out a soft smile, seems like Kuu had fun~

On the other hand, Saiki felt a bit of excitement. It was the first time he didn't feel annoyed... in fact, he quite enjoyed it.

He wasn't one to play his favorite games with others but he thinks that playing with her was quite... tolerable.

One thing he noticed was she didn't have any other thoughts when they were playing and the stack of games on the corner of the cabinet placed near the television. It seems like someone like games the way he likes it.

Saiki's family finished their dinner as Saiki got back to his room, preparing to have a nice rest for tonight.

He might have forgotten that this night, there might be another nightmare that will embrace him in his sleep.

>>> D~S

Saiki looked around before letting out an irritated small sigh.

It seems like another precognition. And as confirmation, he can feel the heavy atmosphere around him.

But he noticed something different from the other precognition.

There was this lingering feeling of being suffocated. He doesn't know where the heavy feeling came from.

There was another thing...

Looking around, everything was grey and monotone. It was so bland and the feeling of being empty resonating with was strong.

Looking ahead, he finally spotted that familiar ice cold expression. It was Ayama, but without the cheerful nor bright smiles.

She was also devoid of color, grey and bland, except for the familiar cold purple eyes.

Her lips pursed into a straight line as she stared at nowhere. She didn't seem to notice him.

There was no expression on her face. It was those blank eyes looking empty unlike the glint in her eyes whenever she plans a little mischief. Nor it glistens whenever she smiles.

Now he knows where the feeling of emptiness came from. Obviously, Ayama wasn't simple.

He didn't know why but he felt stifled seeing her like that. It was uncomfortable.

He wanted to...

. . .

...what did he want to do?

Before he could realize things, the scene in front of him suddenly changed as if blown into smithereens, making his previous doubt resurface.

Precognition don't happen as much as what he has to put through after Ayama came. Though the diziness were light, it really doesn't give him doscomfort aside from the content.

Regarding the ones he received after Ayama came, scenes change like this unlike being stagnant making things play out to how things are supposed to play out.