Hanahaki (Angst)

(⚠️Warning: Some characters are going to be OOC [Out Of Character] and become homophobic and aggressively abusive in this situation. Death in this universe is permanent also!⚠️And before you begin reading this, I just want to say that I am eternally happy for the 100 followers. Thank you guys so much <3)

---

Flowers. 

So many pink begonias, littered across the white tiled floor, petals and stems painted with nothing but deep red. All of the flowers are wrinkled, broken, torn from the violent coughing and sharp blades on the stems.

Mumbo can feel a vine crawling to his mouth and another handful of flowers rising upwards in his throat. His airway got blocked, which promptly screamed his brain, and instincts, to start hacking as he hunches over the blood coated bathtub so the red substance doesn't splatter everywhere. 

His lips part open as petals among petals fall out, and he gasps for air loudly, gripping on the edge of the white bathtub so he doesn't topple over. His entire body is shaking violently, his body bounding every time he coughs brutally.

Xisuma rubs his back gingerly before wrapping his arms around Mumbo's torso, ready to give him any abdominal thrusts if needed. Mumbo continues to gasp for air, inhaling deeply but carefully since he didn't want to accidentally inhale any of the petals. Xisuma quietly reassures Mumbo, telling him comforting words such as "Everything is going to be alright".

As Mumbo pants, another round of flowers creeps along his throat. He begins to choke and wheeze painfully, instantly alerting Xisuma to give a push. Xisuma's clenched fists push onto the sternum of Mumbo as a full begonia escapes past Mumbo's parted, bloody lips. The full pink flower, dotted with red, falls down and lands delicately on the floor of the bathtub. 

Mumbo groans and lays down on his side, Xisuma releasing him after confirming that the little session of hacking is finally done for the day. Xisuma takes a glance at the bathtub, grimacing at the amount of red-coated inside and the intense, strong scent of copper.

"Come on Mumbo, let's get you into bed. I cleaned out your bucket so you can have that next to your pillow, alright?" Xisuma smiles nervously behind his helmet and watches as Mumbo shuffles before stopping.

"Everything hurts... Can you just get my pillow and bring it in here? I'll... I'll be fine sleeping in here tonight." Mumbo spoke in a very hoarse voice as it occasionally cracks. Xisuma sighs, wanting to shake his head. He argues with himself for a short, solid moment of silence before responding.

"Come on, I'll help," Xisuma places one of his hands on Mumbo and gently squeezes his hold on him to help ease the pain. "I don't want you sleeping in your bathroom tonight."

"Xisuma, I can't move. Everything... hurts." Mumbo says, his fingers weakly balling into a fist from the overwhelming pain. His body is enervated, sore, and exhausted from another tough round of flowers and he surprised himself since he survived this round since it's one of the worst ones yet.

"Mumbo, just let me help you, please. I can't see you like this, lying here next to your blood covered bathroom." Xisuma grabs underneath Mumbo's torso and hoists him upward with a good majority of his strength, grunting a little bit with a tired chuckle. He props Mumbo over his shoulder, like a firefighter, and wobbles out of the bathroom, keeping some of his adrenaline in his body for when he gave Mumbo the abdominal thrust.

When reaching his bedroom at last, Xisuma set Mumbo down as cautiously as possible, being attentive to all the actions he does. Mumbo feebly grabs onto his sheets and curls up in them. Xisuma takes a short break, sitting on the edge of Mumbo's mattress to compose himself and get a good view of the ailing man before him.