2.

A vote is appreciated! It is important for the growth of this book!

《 ✐✎✐ 》

Pidge

I was frustrated about what happened in class today. I look at my homework with hatred and the anger took over me. I tossed my homework somewhere in my room, I don't care about completing it anymore. I wasn't in the mood to do it. All I could do is bring my hands to support my head and to calm myself.

I heard my bedroom door open. I wasn't going to bother myself to look up and see who entered. I'm too deep into my thoughts and that's all I could focus on right now.

"Hey, Pidge?" My brother, Matt, spoke up.

"I hate it when you call me that." I add in with annoyance laced in my voice.

"Sorry, Katie."

I heard my bedroom door shut and I could feel Matt starting to approach me.

"Mom told me what happened today." He starts.

He placed a cake slice with a strawberry on top on my side, which made me perk up a bit.

"I know what it's like to be the nerd, but you've got to keep studying hard."

"What's the point?" I asked still frustrated.

"Well it was my brain that got me into the Galaxy Garrison." He said which caught me off guard.

I gasped in surprise and a sudden burst of joy filled my whole being. I stood up from my chair and looked at him in excitement.

"You got in? Yes!" I happily exclaimed before throwing myself to hug Matt.

"I guess it was my brains. Could have been my good looks or my big muscles." Matt confidently joked, trying to lighten up the mood even more.

I giggled at his joke and parted from the loving hug I gave.

He finally got in to the Garrison!

"That's amazing! Oh, man! I'm so excited." I cheerily exclaimed once more.

My eyes drifted off to the homework I had tossed aside earlier and I quickly took it, sitting back down while observing the questions.

"What are you doing?" Matt asked, curious of my sudden actions.

"Studying, so I can get into the Garrison with you and dad!" I replied, channeling all my focus on the questions provided.

Matt suddenly held both of my shoulders and went closer to observe the questions as well, I presume.

"Mom also told me about a girl who stood up for you. Care to explain further?" Matt softly asked and I could feel a small smile make its way to my face.

I was really grateful on what she did for me. However, I didn't see her throughout the school hours.

"It was Y/n L/n, she's not really a close friend. We're just acquaintances."

"Then why are you smiling?"

What he asked startled me a little. I don't really know why it startled me, but it felt strange.

Why would I smile? Maybe because I'm happy that she stood out for me! Yeah, that's it.

"She stood out for me, it was a nice thing for her to do." I answered with a quiet voice.

"I know you're unsure of your answer since you spoke quietly." Matt informed and I just shrugged it off.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Matt." 

"I'm sure you'll figure that out for yourself, Katie. I'll leave you to do the homework and for you to think about Y/n." Matt said as he stood up properly.

I could feel my face heat up a bit from Matt's sudden comment about Y/n. Once I heard my bedroom door shut, I slammed my face into the book I was supposed to do my homework on. My face began to heat up even more from reasons that I do not know yet.

Whatever this is, I have to figure it out.