6

i woke up in kurtis' arms in our apartment. i smiled and burned my head into his shoulder.
"good morning" he said smiling

we got up and started making breakfast together, and everything was perfect. we sat down and ate our pancakes, talking casually and laughing. we both had the day off so we decided to do some shopping.

we walked to a coffee shop near our building and a cute shopping blvd near us. we were walking and chatting and looking at cute nik nacs in shops when a women tapped kurtis on the shoulder
"kurtis? kurtis conner?" she exclaimed
"Carly?" he asked, a confused smile on his face
"oh wow! i haven't seen you in ages! how are you?"
she says pulling him in for a hug.
"i'm great." his gases lingers on her for a moment. "oh this is my roommate." he gestures towards me.
"nice to meet you." she says, shaking my hand. i smile at her and feel kurtis grab my hand. i smile up at him and look at carly. She glances at our hands and raised her eyebrows, tongue in her cheek.
"well it was nice to meet you. and it was fantastic seeing you again K, i hope we stay in touch." she grabs his free hand and turns to walk away.
"who was that?" i say as she's out of earshot.
"my ex girlfriend." he says "we dated for a while last year. i thought she moved back to canada" he says as he raises an eyebrow. i look down, maybe he wasn't as serious about me as i thought. he sees me and tilts my chin up so we lock eyes.
"hey, i really like you." he says smiling. he kisses me on the forehead and i smile.
____________________________________
ahh! there's some tea happening. i haven't been updating this book as much, there just so much going on in my life rn. 🥺 but im feeling better and more inspired after writing this chapter hehe. i hope u enjoy 🥰