Waking up

Love at Divergent High

Chapter 54: Waking up

He squeezes my hand.

A tear falls down my cheek.

He just squeezed my hand.

I stand and sit on the edge of the bed, my hand still in his.

“Tobias, please wake up. You just squeezed my hand I know you can do it. Just please, please wake up. I need you. I love you. Just open your eyes, even if it is just for a few seconds. Please. I need to know you’re all right. I love you. I love you. I love you.” I say, more tears are pouring down my cheeks.

Nothing happens.

He doesn’t open his eyes or squeeze my hand.

I must have imagined it.

I sit back in the chair and cry myself to sleep.

I am awoken in the morning by someone saying “Mummy!”

I look towards the door and watch as Eve runs over to me and sits in my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

“Hey sweetie, who brought you here?” I ask.

“Uncle Zekey.” She says. That is what she calls Zeke.

“Where is he?” I ask her.

“Oh, he went to café, he waiting for me. But he said I can stay as long as I want.” She says.

“Okay.” I say, kissing her forehead.

“Has daddy not woke up yet?” She asks sadly as she looks over at Tobias.

“No, not yet sweetie. But he will soon. I promise. He’s not going to leave us that easily.” I tell her.

“Can you put me on his lap, please?” She asks.

I nod before standing with her in my arms and gently placing her on his lap, being careful to not knock any of the wires. She looks at him carefully, hoping for him to wake up, I sit back in my seat.

“Daddy, please wake up. I need you to help me make mummy feel better. She’s been very upset and she’s been sick. She cries a lot. I do too. Wake up and we can help her feel better. I love you daddy. Mummy loves you too. We need you. So, wake up.” She says as tears fall down her cheeks. I feel tears in my eyes as well but I hold them down. I need to be strong for her at the moment, I know I haven’t done a very good job of that recently, but I have to.

She leans her head on his chest and cries into him.

I don’t know how long it is before I see it but I watch as Tobias starts moving his hand.

His fingers move first. Then his hand.

Then I watch as he slowly moves his arm so eventually it wraps around our daughter. He moves his other arm slowly as well but soon he is hugging her.

Eve looks up at him shocked, surprised, happy.

“Daddy?” She asks excitedly.

“Tobias?” I say as I sit on the edge of the bed again.

That is when he opens his eyes.

Hey my little Ravens, how are you?

Please review!!!