Ushijima Wakatoshi

A/N: There are a few spoilers from the most recent manga chapters

FLASHBACK

(Y/N): We should break up.

Ushijima: What?

(Y/N): I think that we should break up.

Ushijima: Why

(Y/N): You're way too focused on volleyball and not our relationship.

Ushijima: That's not tru-

(Y/N): Weren't we suppose to have a date last Saturday? And what happened to our plans over the past month?

Ushijima remained silent.

(Y/N): That's right, you canceled them because of volleyball.

Ushijima: (Y/N), let me expla-

(Y/N): I really don't want to hear your excuses right now. Plus, don't you think it's better if we break up? Now you won't have anyone holding you back anymore.

Ushijima: You never held me bac-

(Y/N): I'm going to go now. I'll see you around I guess.

Ushijima watched as (Y/N)'s figure slowly began to get smaller and smaller. He felt his chest tighten and his legs go numb. He wasn't sure what emotions he was feeling right now, but knew that he had messed up and wanted (Y/N) back.

Little did he know, (Y/N) was actually switching schools. She wasn't switching schools because of the break up. She was switching schools because she was given an opportunity to be apart of teaching program in one of the top schools in Japan. This school was located in the Tokyo Prefecture. (Y/N) always dreamed about becoming a professor and teaching English.

So naturally, when she received this opportunity, she thought it would be the best time to break up with Ushijima because if they could barely spend time together, even though they were at the same school, it would be worse when (Y/N) went to a school in Tokyo.

This break up would be the last interaction they would have together for the next couple of years.

PRESENT TIME

(Y/N) was now 23-years-old and teaching English at the Tohoku University in Sendai. She loved working there because every student she's ever had has always been eager and motivated to learn English.

Although her teaching job did take up most of life, Ushijima would occasionally pop into her head. He's been popping up in her head a lot more recently because his volleyball team, Schweiden Adlers, is going to be having a match against the MSBY Black Jackels at the Kamei Arena in Sendai soon. Also, her students won't stop talking about his team because they have been the consecutive volleyball champions for the past three years.

(Y/N): Ugh, I wish he would get out of my head. I haven't even spoken to him in years.

Sora: What you mumbling about?

(Y/N): Oh,hey. Nothing important.

Sora: You've been mumbling to yourself a lot lately. Are you sure it's nothing important?

(Y/N): I have not.

Sora: Mmmhmm.

(Y/N): Shut up.

Sora: That wasn't very nice of you. But anyways, are you free this tomorrow?

(Y/N): Yeah, why?

Sora: There's a volleyball tournament and want you to come with me.